Cheap motherboard for 2600x/2600 ?

Jan 1, 2019
Hi,
I want to build pc with r5 2600x or 2600 and rx560 4gb, and want to save some cash on motherboard. Also want to be able to upgrade pc later, and B450 AORUS M seems like good option.

So, my question is: Is it OK to buy B450 AORUS M instead of B450 AORUS ELITE or PRO (or something like this), and, if it is OK, is there better option instead of B450 AORUS M for that price?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The Aorus mATX is a great choice. The other two boards are basically just full ATX size. All you really lose with a mATX is a couple slots and the heat sink on the RAM MOSFETS (for better RAM OC'ing).
I have to say however, bundling that nice board and the beefy 6 core Ryzen with a RX 560 is going to really choke the potential of the system.

Jan 1, 2019

Thanks for advice! I will then stick with AORUS M.

I just looked at comparison beetween rx560 and rx570, and for 40$ price difference (in my country) it seems 570 like very good option.

What would you reccomend for GPU (I am not into heavy gaming so I am not looking for something very expensive)?

...sorry for bad english

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If your budget is limiting you and/or you just don't care that much about gaming performance, either the RX 560 or 570 is fine, the 570 being the obvious better choice. The latter being a decent 1080p/60 Hz gaming card. I was going to recommend the GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580 8GB, but if that is beyond what you want to spend, stay with the RX 570.

ohenryy

Honorable
Just throwing some ideas, the 1700X is actualy cheaper than 2600X! Get it!
Also the 570 4Gb is amazing card at this price...

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6KN8kd
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6KN8kd/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor ($160.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($93.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $399.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-02 21:44 EST-0500

Jan 1, 2019

Actually, in my country 2600x is about 30$ cheaper :)

Jan 1, 2019
So then, for GPU rx570 is great choice.
For motherboard I think I will go with AORUS, I have good experience with Gigabyte on my old pc.

Just one more thing.
Is there good cheaper option, for this build, than Seasonic S12II 520W?
Beside power efficiency, what makes PSU trusted?
It is important to be safe for pc (not to harm other components), so every PSU in stores needs to be safe, right?
So why can I pick cheapest PSU with appropriate wattage and good efficiency?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Is the Seasonic S12II 520W too expensive in your country? It is a steal here in the US at ~$47 USD.
What brands and models are available to you?

Cheap PSUs tend to have less than quality components, nameplate specs that are "fudged" to make the total wattage look better, and usually don't hold up well to excessive peak demand. Since the entire system is dependent on the power from the PSU being clean and voltage-steady with no or little (AC) ripple, it is usually a good idea to spend any extra funds available on the PSU first.

Jan 1, 2019

Yes, in my country it costs ~83$
So the only way to know which model is 'wattage consistent' is to read review, or that can be found in PSU specs?

Available brands to me are:
Antec, Asus, Chieftec, Cooler Master, COUGAR, Deep Cool, FSP, Gigabyte, InterTech, LC Power, Mission Q, MS, Njoy, SAMA, Seasonic, Sharkoon, ThermalTake, ZEUS.

My friend recommended me Chieftec GPS 500W. I think that Chieftec is better known in Europe.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Reviews are always heplful, yes. But Antec would be another one that you really can't go wrong with. Except for Seasonic, the rest of those sell low to high quality PSUs. You really have to judge them on a PSU by PSU basis. For gaming, you want to always be conscious of the +12v ratings especially. The +12v rail handles all the heavy load stuff on a PC like the gfx card, CPU VRMs, fans, drives, pumps... The other rails listed on the nameplate are usually not at issue.

I've not used Chieftec, that seems to be a Euro-only brand not sold here in the US. But I've seen their specs, and they look solid.
There are some tiered PSI lists out there that can be helpful. This one is a couple years old, but seems to be pretty solid.

Jan 1, 2019

Is this model (from smart series) one of those that looks like solid?
Chieftec GPS-550A8
specs: http://www.chieftec.eu/en/psus/ps-2/smart-series/gps-550a8.html

And, for this model, is spec "+12V 1: 42A / 5504W" one I should check?
(are they mistyped 5504W instead 550W?)

Jan 1, 2019

Thanks so much for the support!