Question Cheap new 1080ti ?

I do not speak Dutch, so the Amazon pages are not very helpful for me, but based on what I know they should look like, the cheaper card will be a used card sold by a third party. It will not be an amazon product, and will likely have no warranty. You are taking the risk with it, since even if it shows up dead, you will most likely still lose that money. The more expensive one is probably new, or a the very least properly refurbished.

Still, you should not get one of those cards. They are still good, but for the money they cost, you can get better ones. The RTX 2080S for example, is a better card for a better price. Look into those newer cards for value. The 1080ti is no longer worth its original MSRP. If you are willing to take the risk of the used GPU, then yes, a 1080ti for $300-$400 is not bad, though risky.

KarolisKamiu

Reputable
Jan 15, 2020
I do not speak Dutch, so the Amazon pages are not very helpful for me, but based on what I know they should look like, the cheaper card will be a used card sold by a third party. It will not be an amazon product, and will likely have no warranty. You are taking the risk with it, since even if it shows up dead, you will most likely still lose that money. The more expensive one is probably new, or a the very least properly refurbished.

Still, you should not get one of those cards. They are still good, but for the money they cost, you can get better ones. The RTX 2080S for example, is a better card for a better price. Look into those newer cards for value. The 1080ti is no longer worth its original MSRP. If you are willing to take the risk of the used GPU, then yes, a 1080ti for $300-$400 is not bad, though risky.

So you saying Amazon selling scam deals? I mean you pay directly to Amazon and Amazon gives guarantee a to z and you have option to refund. Atleast this is how I see things there 🤔

No. Amazon also allows third party sellers to post their own products. These products are likely perfectly legitimate, but there is no way to tell, and no, Amazon does not guarantee these used products. Some you can return through Amazon, which are labeled as "fulfilled by Amazon", but many say nothing, and have nothing to due with amazon. This is from my understanding anyway.