Question "Cheap" Notebook Upgrading

Feb 10, 2019
Hi, my idea is to buy a "cheap" notebook with decent specifications that can run most of the new games (Fortnite, PUBG, GTA V, Doom, BTF 1, The Witcher 3) but without necessarily high resolutions, so that after i upgrade it, it can run them with high resolution and without struggling

So I've been searching and i came across with this Notebook Gamer ASUS R510IU-DM023T, Radeon RX 460 2GB, FX 9830P, Ram 4GB, SSD 128GB, W10

AMD FX-9830P (3.0 - 3.7 GHz)
AMD Radeon RX 460
Max RAM storage 12GB

and i would like to know if this laptop can upgrade its graphic card, and in case it can, which ones are compatible with this model

If you could suggest the best laptops options that meet my needs that would be awesome too

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
AMD FX is crap, 4GB of RAM won't get you anywhere fast in most newer games either. Laptop GPUs are usually soldered-in except on some very high end models that may use MCM GPU.

If you want to game on a low-cost laptop, look for one with a Ryzen 2700U APU and make sure it has at least 8GB of dual-channel memory, 16GB strongly recommended since the APU may use 3+GB while gaming and not leave enough for smooth gaming on 8GB.

Feb 10, 2019
I've been looking for laptops with Ryzen 7 and they're all too expensive for my budget, do you know any that is 600$ or below? Or at least in that range of price? Max 800$ i would say

The only laptops i can find within that range have Ryzen 5 processors, what do you think about these? Are they good enough to run most of the newer games? With 8GB of RAM or more? Ideally 16

InvalidError

Titan
I don't know about the specific model but HDDs in laptops are usually user-replaceable. When in doubt, check the manual.

Entry-level and Mainstream laptops from major brands like Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. rarely support overclocking and even when they do, it isn't worth it since their power and cooling is designed for low cost, not OC. If you want a laptop actually designed for overclocking, you'll have to look at brands like Alienware and usually pry your wallet open past the $1500 mark.

All the game you've mentioned would perfectly run on a 600$ custom built PC... On a 600$ Laptop... not so sure but they will run without "Perfectly"....
Everyday use and reading and writing documents ------> Lenovo T480 is better and i7 will do games as well i think T480 is lot cheaper than the T480s this can rach nearly 800$