Cheap POS printer

I wonder if there are cheaper POS-printers available than those Star,
Citizen, Samsung etc. printers that cost about 400 Euros.

Some European supplier or wholesaler would be preferred.

I am here looking low cost POS (thermal?) printer for very occasional
usage, maybe 5..20 receipts per day only.

Any suggestions, or URL maybe?

P. Haikala

Alan

"Haikala P." <haikala@please.nomail.net> wrote in message news:<413AFD1E.3625@please.nomail.net>...
> I wonder if there are cheaper POS-printers available than those Star,
> Citizen, Samsung etc. printers that cost about 400 Euros.
>
> Some European supplier or wholesaler would be preferred.
>
> I am here looking low cost POS (thermal?) printer for very occasional
> usage, maybe 5..20 receipts per day only.
>
> Any suggestions, or URL maybe?

HOw about a dot matrix? Printer, paper and ribbons are cheap and the
ribbons don't dry out (well, not for years). A lot of thermal
printouts seem to fade very quickly, dotmatrix ink is permanent.

Douglas

There are a ton of them,both new and used,on Ebay!

Douglas wrote:

> There are a ton of them,both new and used,on Ebay!

Thanks, this was not a bad suggestion.
http://search.ebay.com/pos-printer_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

The prices there are on right level:) Yet my idea was to bundle
that cheap POS-printer with my small software package that I am
selling. So searching through the varying e-bay offers is not
exactly what I want now.

The cheapest new, and still continuing printer series that I know
are those Dymo label printers, with wholesale prices about
100 .. 170 euros. But Dymo does not allow to use any other paper
on these printers than their own sticker label paper. Or otherwise
the printer's quarantee will be lost.

So I was thinking that maybe there are some other new, thermal paper
printers, in let's say 200 euro cathegory, and I could use them
with the plain thermal paper.

Of course it could also be a mechanic dot matrix printer. But that
printer model should be available, let's say at least for the next
12 months or so.

P. Haikala

"Haikala P." <haikala@please.nomail.net> wrote in message news:<413AFD1E.3625@please.nomail.net>...
> I wonder if there are cheaper POS-printers available than those Star,
> Citizen, Samsung etc. printers that cost about 400 Euros.
>
> Some European supplier or wholesaler would be preferred.
>
> I am here looking low cost POS (thermal?) printer for very occasional
> usage, maybe 5..20 receipts per day only.
>
> Any suggestions, or URL maybe?
>
> P. Haikala

Mostly,here...POS means Lexmark! (And has a different meaning!)

TRENDING THREADS