[SOLVED] Cheap PSU recommendation for a Ryzen 3 2200G

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I'm looking for a decent PSU to run a Ryzen 3 2200G. PC includes three case fans (non-PWM), 500GB HDD, 120GB SSD, 8GB RAM.

No GPU. No overclocking (board is an A320M). Correct me if I'm wrong (probably am) but I think I'm going to need a 400W one? Can I go less?

Sorry if this have been asked a million times. PSUs are kind of my weakness, really traumatized with them (I mean, read my profile's name), so I just don't want to step on the wrong stone here.
Thanks!

Solution
Don't get anything less than a 450w unit, because you MAY decide to add a low cost graphics card later and if you DO that, you will need to then buy ANOTHER power supply if you go with something less than 450w watts. There are few card models worth buying that won't require at least a 450w unit. There are also essentially very few ATX power supplies out there that are any good and are less than 450w, which is probably the more important point.

Minimum you should probably be looking at is something like the Corsair CX450. Right now though, ANY power supply worth having is going to be hard to find and is not going to be cheap, so the "cheap PSU recommendation" ain't going to happen anytime soon.
Don't get anything less than a 450w unit, because you MAY decide to add a low cost graphics card later and if you DO that, you will need to then buy ANOTHER power supply if you go with something less than 450w watts. There are few card models worth buying that won't require at least a 450w unit. There are also essentially very few ATX power supplies out there that are any good and are less than 450w, which is probably the more important point.

Minimum you should probably be looking at is something like the Corsair CX450. Right now though, ANY power supply worth having is going to be hard to find and is not going to be cheap, so the "cheap PSU recommendation" ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Solution

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Man how did I forget my experience with the Vega, had to upgrade the PSU along with the GPU.
Alright then, I'll check out that Corsair. And well guess my luck ran out, got a good deal on CPU but the PSU price negates all the saving. What a shame..

Last edited: