Question Cheap PSU with 24 + 8 pin?

Audio31

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
Can anyone recommend a cheap 24 + 8 pin psu for a gigabyte motherboard?

Turning an unused gigabyte motherboard into an arcade cabinet the psu i did have has long since died.

I've been looking a psu but cheapest ones tend to only have 4 or 6 pin.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Full specs are necessary for any good answer. We don't know what you're trying to power.

Pretty much all aftermarket PSUs come with the 24-pin connector (either in one chunk or 20+4) since most motherboards that aren't proprietary need that. Any PSU worth using will have at least 4+4 for the CPU and the six-pin you're referring to is for PCIE, typically the GPU.

Audio31

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
Its
Full specs are necessary for any good answer. We don't know what you're trying to power.

Pretty much all aftermarket PSUs come with the 24-pin connector (either in one chunk or 20+4) since most motherboards that aren't proprietary need that. Any PSU worth using will have at least 4+4 for the CPU and the six-pin you're referring to is for PCIE, typically the GPU.

It's an fx8350 and gigabyte 78lmt usb r2

Wolfshadw

Titan
You can probably get by with just a 4-pin ATX CPU Power cable. If all you're doing is some sort of arcade emulation, you're not going to need anywhere near the capabilities of the FX-8350 and just about any discrete graphics card is going to be more than enough. Just for the heck of it, I'd probably look at the GT720/730s

-Wolf sends