cheap software for real?

I see things like Windows 2000 or XP for $50. I would like to replace the
OS on a old Dell PII latitude company laptop I have with a fresh install
(there is nothing I need to keep). Is that stuff for real or is there some
hidden gimmick there like wont let me use it after 30 days or something like
that. I see it on Ebay and here is url too. Any tips appreciated.

http://fansoft.info/os/win2000.html

In article <4zPKd.68077$Tf5.47133@lakeread03>, jtsnow@yahoo.com says...

> I see things like Windows 2000 or XP for $50. I would like to replace the
> OS on a old Dell PII latitude company laptop I have with a fresh install
> (there is nothing I need to keep). Is that stuff for real or is there some
> hidden gimmick there like wont let me use it after 30 days or something like
> that. I see it on Ebay and here is url too. Any tips appreciated.

Strike 1: If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Strike 2: It's a .info domain. A favorite of spammers.

Strike 3: See Strike 1.

It's OUTAHERE!

I would have no issue with buying an OEM copy off Ebay (heck, I've
done it where W98SE is concerned), but make sure the seller is reputable
in that they've sold similar stuff before, and that their feedback is
solid.

Keep the peace(es).

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I see things like Windows 2000 or XP for $50. I would like to replace the
>OS on a old Dell PII latitude company laptop I have with a fresh install
>(there is nothing I need to keep). Is that stuff for real or is there some
>hidden gimmick there like wont let me use it after 30 days or something
>like that. I see it on Ebay and here is url too. Any tips appreciated.

Most likely either they will take your money/credit card number and run or
they are selling copies with pirated CD keys, which will prevent you from
downloading OS upgrades in the future.

If it sounds too good to be true...

Can I interest you in a bridge?

Ted Zieglar

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I see things like Windows 2000 or XP for $50. I would like to replace the
>OS on a old Dell PII latitude company laptop I have with a fresh install
>(there is nothing I need to keep). Is that stuff for real or is there some
>hidden gimmick there like wont let me use it after 30 days or something
>like that. I see it on Ebay and here is url too. Any tips appreciated.
>

> http://fansoft.info/os/win2000.html

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I see things like Windows 2000 or XP for $50. I would like to replace the
>OS on a old Dell PII latitude company laptop I have with a fresh install
>(there is nothing I need to keep). Is that stuff for real or is there some
>hidden gimmick there like wont let me use it after 30 days or something
>like that. I see it on Ebay and here is url too. Any tips appreciated.
>

> http://fansoft.info/os/win2000.html

yawn

<plonk>

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:17:55 -0800, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "jtsnow"
<jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I see things like Windows 2000 or XP for $50. I would like to replace the
>OS on a old Dell PII latitude company laptop I have with a fresh install
>(there is nothing I need to keep). Is that stuff for real or is there some
>hidden gimmick there like wont let me use it after 30 days or something like
>that. I see it on Ebay and here is url too. Any tips appreciated.

See sig...

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

TANSTAAFL! (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!) R.A.H.