[SOLVED] Cheap Steam Key Websites - Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
I'm pretty certain I bought from one of these websites before but don't know how they work.

Steam has some DLC on for 7.99, which in the sale is usually 5.99. There's a website selling an activation key for 5.21, which is the cheapest I've ever seen.

But are they legit?
How do they work (IE, sell cheaper than Steam themselves?).
The website that seems to have the best price is gamivo.com

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
One of the things I enjoy about Steam is having a centralized and supported engine from which to play a variety of games that have a nod they will work with current OS. IE, if they sell it it typically works.

I have had experience buying titles from a couple of places. I have purchased from GameStop online for an inexpensive key for an old game a couple of times. Each one was frustrating and in both cases the game would not work properly.
I have also purchased from a website/company called GOG IIRC. The experience with them did not go well for the title, but will say they were super forthright about a refund.

IMO it's just not worth it.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
One of the things I enjoy about Steam is having a centralized and supported engine from which to play a variety of games that have a nod they will work with current OS. IE, if they sell it it typically works.

I have had experience buying titles from a couple of places. I have purchased from GameStop online for an inexpensive key for an old game a couple of times. Each one was frustrating and in both cases the game would not work properly.
I have also purchased from a website/company called GOG IIRC. The experience with them did not go well for the title, but will say they were super forthright about a refund.

IMO it's just not worth it.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...bisoft-is-going-after-third-party-key-sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.