Aug 18, 2022
Hello.
I want to replace my Msi Geforce GTX970 4GD5T OC's thermal paste. Currently the temps goes up to 85C in gaming on 100% power limit,100% Fan speed and 91C temp limit on the MSI Afterburner. And It crosses 90C on Furmark stress test.

I live in Bangladesh and it's really a hot country. Currently my room temperature maybe 35-37C.
Here I have Corsair TM30, XTM50, Coolermaster MasterGel Regular, Deepcool Z4,Z5,Z10,G15 thermal pastes within my budget. I don't intend to spend more on thermal paste (like Noctua NT-H2) because I want to buy some case fans. So which thermal paste would be a wise option from those I've mentioned ?

The cheapest paste is the one that you do not use.
You are more likely to screw things up than lowering temperatures by reapplying paste.

Graphics cards run hot, but they are built to do so.
80c. is a normal load temperature.

And, with your ambient temperature, you will be running hot.
The first thing to do is to insure that you have adequate airflow past the graphics card and other components.
What is the make/model of your case and what is the current fan arrangement?
What is your cpu and cooler?

Reactions: RuddroKRM
Aug 18, 2022
The best out of those you have to choose would probably be the Deepcool z10 it has the highest rating for conductivity at 6.5 the rest are 5 and much lower.
Bought that one and already applied it.The results are shocking.Now, with full load and 110 power limit temp stays stable at 82C on 20 minutes stress(used to be around 90C+ within 2 minutes) test and stays stable at 73 when the side panel is opened.After playing apex for 1 Hour temps stays stable at 73C(with the side panel).Looks like need to add another exhaust fan although I don't have any room for it in my small casing :)

Aug 18, 2022
The cheapest paste is the one that you do not use.
You are more likely to screw things up than lowering temperatures by reapplying paste.

Graphics cards run hot, but they are built to do so.
80c. is a normal load temperature.

And, with your ambient temperature, you will be running hot.
The first thing to do is to insure that you have adequate airflow past the graphics card and other components.
What is the make/model of your case and what is the current fan arrangement?
What is your cpu and cooler?
Intel stock cooler
Humble ATX Golden Field Casing(Golden Field 6017B ) with 2 intake 1 exhaust fan.(added 2 more fans today)
Btw, just changed thermal paste with Deepcool Z10.
The results are shocking.Now, with full load and 110 power limit temp stays stable at 82C on 20 minutes stress(used to be around 90C+ within 2 minutes) test and stays stable at 73 when the side panel is opened.After playing apex for 1 Hour temps stays stable at 73C(with the side panel).Looks like need to add another exhaust fan although I don't have any room for it in my small casing :)