Question Cheap upgrade for old DDR3 sytem

Moonpreacher

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
Hello, lately my old 9 years old sustem has being crashing. I don´t do gaming, just surf internet and ocasional graphics design. Most likely is a problem with the motherboard. I´m thinking in replacing it and also the CPU, keeping only the graphic card and the 16gb DDR3 ram. My current CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) X4 760K Quad Core Processor 3.80 GHz. As so, what would be a cheap upgrade that would allow me to use the same DDR3 rams and a faster CPU that worth it? Thanks

DSzymborski

Titan
Hello, lately my old 9 years old sustem has being crashing. I don´t do gaming, just surf internet and ocasional graphics design. Most likely is a problem with the motherboard. I´m thinking in replacing it and also the CPU, keeping only the graphic card and the 16gb DDR3 ram. My current CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) X4 760K Quad Core Processor 3.80 GHz. As so, what would be a cheap upgrade that would allow me to use the same DDR3 rams and a faster CPU that worth it? Thanks

Define "cheap." And planning a build around cheap, ancient RAM is a bit like buying a car because it fits some old tires you have in the corner of your garage.

Moonpreacher

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
Define "cheap." And planning a build around cheap, ancient RAM is a bit like buying a car because it fits some old tires you have in the corner of your garage.
Like 120 Euros max as I´m satisfied with the performance I had till now but if I can get something faster that´s worth it, I see no reason to keep same specs.