[SOLVED] Cheap ups to make "clean" power

sloan1209

Distinguished
May 6, 2016
I've gone through 3 UPSs over the last year and a half or so. I'm starting to think that I might have dirty power in my house? Cant think what it could be. Is there a cheap solution to plugging my computer into safe and clean power?

Solution
I've gone through 3 UPSs over the last year and a half or so. I'm starting to think that I might have dirty power in my house? Cant think what it could be. Is there a cheap solution to plugging my computer into safe and clean power?
"Clean" power independent of the mains power requires a "double conversion" UPS. They are not cheap. I recommend buying used commercial UPS units on E-Bay. Buy them WITHOUT batteries if possible to save shipping costs. Then buy new batteries. The APC Smart-UPS Online are all double conversion units. A 1500VA unit is around $300 used. As I said, not cheap.

sloan1209

Distinguished
May 6, 2016
how do you gone through 3 ups? what happened to them?
what the brand and model?
I've been using EVGA bronze ones I believe 750w. It's the only thing I can think it is. Each time, I start to get random sudden shut downs. Last time I replaced it, it started to work fine again. Last couple days it's started to happen again. Last night it shut down and TRIED to turn back on 5 times but only slightly "wirr'd" each time before it fully came back. I don't know what else to point the finger at. I also replaced my MOBO last time it happened so it's now that. I've seen other posts say that the power coming out of the wall can be "bad" somehow

kanewolf

Titan
"Clean" power independent of the mains power requires a "double conversion" UPS. They are not cheap. I recommend buying used commercial UPS units on E-Bay. Buy them WITHOUT batteries if possible to save shipping costs. Then buy new batteries. The APC Smart-UPS Online are all double conversion units. A 1500VA unit is around $300 used. As I said, not cheap.

Solution