Question Cheap vertical monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alridium

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
Hey, im looking for a cheap monitor (preferably full HD but not neccesary) that can be turned into vertical mode and is at least 20". All i want is as cheap as i can find monitor that can be used vertically as a second screen (and if it could support vesa for the future mabe that will be great but not needed) Ive searched a lot of cheap monitors and didnt found one that can pivot to vertical mode. Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Every monitor will work in vertical, as long as
  • your video adapter supports 90° rotation
  • you can mechanically fix it in that position (which in 99% of cases means "VESA Support" with appropriate monitor stand). If you want to go really cheap, tou can make a VESA stand out of plywood ;) If you have electronic junkyards around check them for monitor stands.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
One of the reasons some monitors cost more is due to better stands that can rotate or are in general more solid. That is why the cheapest ones are on wobbly fixed stands and the $600 higher end stuff has metal bases with solid feeling rotating vesa mounts. You don't put a $40-80 stand on a $100 monitor.

Look for a used screen on craigslist or somewhere for a lower cost option.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I got a monitor arm that lets you rotate the display for like 40 CAD. I agree with what was said above, just get whatever cheap monitor that looks decent that you can find and just make sure it's VESA compatible, and then buy your own mount/arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS