[SOLVED] Cheaper mb overclocking better than better quality mb?

Jun 18, 2020
I have a msi z490 a pro, and it overclocked my water cooled 10900k to 5.3ghz @ 1.44 v in bios and runs completely stable and hasn’t crashed on me. I recently purchased an msi z490 Meg godlike and after installing, it basically bsod’d after trying to start a program. I made sure all the voltages and cache settings were the same and LLCs were all alike. Still wouldn’t boot stable. Is there any reason why this would be the case?

Solution
Every motherboard and system configuration is different. You will have to re-do your overclock.

Setting it to a value is one thing, actually getting the same exact output, not likely. Different filtering, different VRM characteristics, just the general timing of things it will all be a little different.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Every motherboard and system configuration is different. You will have to re-do your overclock.

Setting it to a value is one thing, actually getting the same exact output, not likely. Different filtering, different VRM characteristics, just the general timing of things it will all be a little different.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS