Chaqutic

Honorable
Oct 2, 2016
Hey guys! I am in need of a new gaming monitor as my Dell S2415H broke. I have i7-6700k with gtx 1070 8GB with 2 display ports.

I want a low budget monitor which has 144Hz 27 inch 1440p IPS panel. (IDK if 1ms Response time is important). Also only IPS panels

After a lot of searching i found this but i am not sure if its any good. I can't find any alternatives either. The acer model is around 27,000 INR.
Are there any other options around 27K INR ?

No, there actually are not any such options for a 27" 1440p 144hz under 27k INR through any normal channels.

Rtings says that VG271U is pretty decent. For the price especially, you're not going to find anything else that's close to what you're looking for. I think that is probably the ONLY option within your budget that has all the features you suggested.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/vg271up

Chaqutic

Honorable
Oct 2, 2016
I saw more reviews and videos of the Acer monitor which led me to this article and this. I am more confused now as it looks like its happening for everyone with that model. Should I increase my budget by 8K INR or so to get a BENQ equivalent monitor. Is it worth it ?

I would believe and pay attention, a LOT more, by FAR, to a review done by Rtings, who are one of the premier professional review sites on the web, than I would to anything from the Acer community forum or Reddit, unless there were like literally dozens and dozens of people all saying the same thing about the same product in the same way. Then I'd be inclined to believe that Rtings got a cherry picked sample and the actual product has issues. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of dumptrucks making noise.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
While I cannot comment on prices as I reside in the US - I can certainly vouch for the quality of Acer IPS monitors. I currently have the predecessor to the Predator IPS monitor - and it has worked flawlessly from day one. It has now been at least 4 years since I purchased it. And I will likely hold onto it for at least another 6 years.

TRENDING THREADS