Cheapest build for i5 8400

Jul 25, 2018
Hi! I am totally new in current pc build. Previously I am using i5 2500k, and still in love with it. but unfortunately it was killed by my house power failure.

Therefore, I would like to build a new PC base on i5 8400. The cheapest possible.

Mainly for gaming

No overclocking, no sli or crossfire, better onboard sound, no fancy led and cheapest possible

Planning to get 16gb ram, but need help in which speed to choose

Planning to get Maxsun RX580 8gb, not a famous brand, but it's the cheapest. But worry about bottleneck problem on i5 8400. Previous GPU is just hd6850

Planning to get Asus - TUF B360M-EGAMING, but the onboard sound is ALC887, prefer better sound if possible

Will use back current cooler master 750w PSU if possible

Heatsink will use back cooler master 212 evo

Budget?

Country?

Best not to build based on price alone or you will have issues, that is a guarantee 100%. What you will end up with is an unstable piece of garbage and or one that won't last very long.

Something for nothing just doesn't happen when it comes to PC parts, quality is important.

You get what you pay for, that is the bottom line, there is no way around that, no shortcuts etc.

Best to scrap the old PSU and get a new one (High quality unit) as it's suspect due to the power failure, your pc was killed and the PSU didn't protect it.

Killed by power outage or failure?
Make this as a lesson learned. For the next PC, make sure you buy a good UPS (usually already equipped with everything you need to protect the PC from over-voltage/surge, blackout, etc.).
Just make sure the UPS has can buy you enough time to properly shutdown your PC and it delivers pure sinewave (pure sinewave is to avoid issues with some PSUs).

Jul 25, 2018
Budget?

Country?

Best not to build based on price alone or you will have issues, that is a guarantee 100%. What you will end up with is an unstable piece of garbage and or one that won't last very long.

Something for nothing just doesn't happen when it comes to PC parts, quality is important.

You get what you pay for, that is the bottom line, there is no way around that, no shortcuts etc.

Best to scrap the old PSU and get a new one (High quality unit) as it's suspect due to the power failure, your pc was killed and the PSU didn't protect it.

Budget as low as possible
Country Brunei

Will change PSU also if PSU also having problem. But can't be sure at the moment. I did tested it with paperclip, it seem running fine

My problem is when I turn on the pc, all the fans running fine, but failed to start up the pc and in boot loop situation.

At the moment planning to get

Motherboard
MSI - H310M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151
Even the onboard sound ALC 887, but gonna live with it, as it's cheapest I can find

RAM
G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400
Will add another 8gb in the future

Graphic card
Use back old HD6850 and will get a better one in the future

It's due to my budget problem, but in need of a pc