cheapest build possible!

Blitzilla28

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
ok so im building a 2nd desktop from old parts i have.
the purpuse of that desktop is to download /stream tv shows and movies onto the tv ( 1080p tv)
so far i got
amd phenom II x2 555 black edition 3.2ghz
msi 870 g45 mobo
evga gtx 650 ti boost 2gb
8gb of ram i dont remember but they work on this system

i need :
hdd
case
psu
most likely a monitor 2 but im now sure if im going cheap there or buying something nicer for my gaming desktop and giving the other desktop my old one
so yeah im trying to stay at super minimum budget

Solution
android tv box is the "smart" that puts on your tv. so it works with any monitor with a hdmi/vga connector. but yah you can try using "pcpartpicker.com" site. and with just a hdd,case, and psu left to complete the build. since your mobo isnt a mini-itx size i guess any of the cheap "brand new" ones will do. you can go cheaper by looking into second hand pc shops too.

for "remote control" for your android box (if weve changed your mind that is rofl) since its got wireless and even bluetooth connection. try buying a rii i8 wireless bluetooth mini keyboard with touchpad..

kanewolf

Titan

If you don't have a smart TV then you aren't streaming to the TV. Which confused me. It sounds like you are trying to build a Netflix or Hulu display device. I agree with @Mark RM -- I would scrap this and buy an Android box. The size of a paperback book and totally silent.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
android tv box is the "smart" that puts on your tv. so it works with any monitor with a hdmi/vga connector. but yah you can try using "pcpartpicker.com" site. and with just a hdd,case, and psu left to complete the build. since your mobo isnt a mini-itx size i guess any of the cheap "brand new" ones will do. you can go cheaper by looking into second hand pc shops too.

for "remote control" for your android box (if weve changed your mind that is rofl) since its got wireless and even bluetooth connection. try buying a rii i8 wireless bluetooth mini keyboard with touchpad..

Solution

Blitzilla28

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
what im doing with this build is watching youtube on my tv using a desktop pc hooked on tv thrue the hdmi port, exactly what im doing atm with my 13 year old dell laptop im just using the tv as the monitor, i dont have any of those netflix thing

TRENDING THREADS