[SOLVED] Cheapest card for dual monitor 4k 60Hz HDMI or DisplayPort?

Nov 27, 2020
TL;DR : Looking for suggestions on low cost graphics card for Intel Windows 4K dual monitor with 60Hz refresh rate

Got a new gaming computer with Intel I9 10900k 10th Gen processor and mother board is
ASUS PRIME B460-PLUS LGA 1200 Intel B460 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard

It has a built in HDMI Intel UHD Graphics 630 Intergrated CPU Graphics card but I am able to connect only only one 4K monitor via HDMI at 60Hz

Please suggest a cost effective graphics card that can connect to two 4K monitors at 60Hz for this configuration.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Any GPU with DP1.3 or HDMI2 ports will be able to drive as many 4k60 outputs as it has appropriate outputs for general desktop use. A motherboard with DP+HDMI outputs would be able to drive two 4k60 outputs too.

Is this for gaming or not? Re-reading your post I am confused what you need. Are you gaming on both monitors, on one or not gaming at all?
His motherboard has only one output capable of 4k60, so it looks like he's looking for the cheapest dGPU to add more 4k60 outputs.

Among modern GPUs, one of the cheapest options would be the GT1030.

InvalidError

Titan
Any GPU with DP1.3 or HDMI2 ports will be able to drive as many 4k60 outputs as it has appropriate outputs for general desktop use. A motherboard with DP+HDMI outputs would be able to drive two 4k60 outputs too.

Is this for gaming or not? Re-reading your post I am confused what you need. Are you gaming on both monitors, on one or not gaming at all?
His motherboard has only one output capable of 4k60, so it looks like he's looking for the cheapest dGPU to add more 4k60 outputs.

Solution

Darn it, I must have looked at the wrong motherboard spec the first time. Good catch.

Nov 27, 2020
Thank you @sizzling and @InvalidError for such quick responses.

I may not use it much for gaming, mostly for work. The current motherboard supports only one HDMI 4K@30Hz.

Let me check GPU with DP1.3 or HDMI2 multiple ports and get back to you if I still have questions.

Meanwhile if you have any specific suggestions I would appreciate that.

By the way my 4k monitors support both DP 1.3 and HDMI 2.0 I believe

TRENDING THREADS