Question Cheapest GPU for my Optiplex 760 SFF requirements

Oct 27, 2021
Hi guys, sorry for being a complete noob. Could someone please recommend the cheapest possible graphics card for my Optiplex 760 Small Form Factor PC? It has 4GB ram and processor is 2.2ghz.

I don't want to play high end games, I just need to be able to connect my HD smart tv to it so it needs a HD port and I would like it to be just strong enough to play command and conquer remastered. Don't mind playing it on low settings.

Thanks guys.

Oct 27, 2021
Is there nothing cheaper that would still work? I only want the minimum for my monitor and command and conquer remastered - it's not a heavy game for the system.

Tac 25

Great
Jul 25, 2021
don't get me wrong, I understand what it feels to be on a budget. I'm also struggling to save money for a certain gpu right now.

I come from a poor country, some kids here are happy to have a GTX 460 or a GTX 750ti, they use these low-end gpu's to play DOTA and Counter Strike with their friends.

from what I saw on benchmarks.. the GT 720 you wish to buy only has a small fraction of strength of a GTX 460, and the 460 is already considered outdated and weak gpu by today's standards.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-460-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-720/2167vsm12696

I recommend googling to check the minimum requirements of the game you want to play - Command and Conquer remastered, then plan your GPU on that, so that you don't waste money on a gpu that might not work.

Last edited:

jasonf2

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
Command and conquer aside if you are that sensitive to price you may be better off with something akin to a raspberry pi. I grant you it isn't running windows but for the better part you can get open source software that is decent. GPUs are crazy expensive (and have been for a while now) and don't look to be coming down for probably at least a year. Also that optiplex probably isn't going to upgrade well. Those things were heavily design engineered and have almost no additional headroom for upgrade. They also run a quasi custom bios that doesn't always play nice with sticking new non-OEM stuff in. If you do a new GPU watch your power budget.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS