Question Cheapest gpu for ryzen 7 2700x

atf_mart

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm planning on building a good photo and video editing machine, nothing too advanced, so since the main focus here is productivity, I want to invest almost all of my budget into a very strong good cpu, and then later down the road upgrade the gpu for some casual gaming.

I am planning using a ryzen 7 2700x or a ryzen 7 3700x depending on prices, but i was wondering, what gpu should i pair it with?

In the beginning all i need is basic video output and idk what other requirements would photoshop or adobe premiere need? I know that advanced video techniqeues lime motion blur and other stuff require gpu horsepower but I think not as in gaming, since some macs get the job done with core igpus,

would a gt 710 be enough for this?

Thanks,

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello everyone, I'm planning on building a good photo and video editing machine, nothing too advanced, so since the main focus here is productivity, I want to invest almost all of my budget into a very strong good cpu, and then later down the road upgrade the gpu for some casual gaming.

I am planning using a ryzen 7 2700x or a ryzen 7 3700x depending on prices, but i was wondering, what gpu should i pair it with?

In the beginning all i need is basic video output and idk what other requirements would photoshop or adobe premiere need? I know that advanced video techniqeues lime motion blur and other stuff require gpu horsepower but I think not as in gaming, since some macs get the job done with core igpus,

Thanks,
The 710 will function and even if your programs can use GPU acceleration it will still work just from the CPU. I would still at the least try for a 1650 video card. (your probably not going to like the results of the 710)

AP can use gpu acceleration but if your on a tight budget get the better processor and a good amount of memory first. I would recommend 32GB set of 2X16GB of memory it's around the 110 buck area in the US.

A 1650 would be a much better choice but much more expensive than a used 710, a 710 is basically just made to put video output like watching videos or something.

1650 about 100 bucks over a used 710 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MdFKHx/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1650-super-4-gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n165swf2oc-4gd

EDIT Buy a good enough PSU so you don't need to upgrade it when you upgrade to a better card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

atf_mart

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013
Well the point of not getting a 1650 is those $100 plus import fees will make the pc a lot more xpensive, thast what i basically need, output video, desktop and my question was coming from if would i REALLY benefit form having a 1650 for a mostly video/photo editing pc, gaming comes at a second place, and yes 32gb of corsair vengeance.

710 ies $30 on amazon

Thanks everyone,

A lot of productivity applications can use gpu for encoding and give you far more performance than just rendering on the cpu itself.

I wouldn't pick a gt710. 1650 super or similar would be my bet. Maybe down the cpu to a 3600 if need be.

beorn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010

Thanks,
You could pick up a used 760 GTX for not much more.

Nvidia is generally better encoders and such for productivity.

I sold my gtx770 for $51 and honestly that seems to be the going rate.

This card performs around a gtx1650 non super but worse in applications that need more than 2gb vram.

atf_mart

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013
but where could i find those prices, im buying mostly from amazon, thank you all for your replies, I will be importing the pieces to my country of origin (guatemala) so thats why I use amazon or newegg since i could just return them should they come defective.

what about the gt 1030?

I dont go with intel because motherboards are more expensive, and so are the cpus, theres no way im getting an i5 for 140 bucks.

thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS