Cheapest Phone for pokemon go

Tokage

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
So half a year ago I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 4S to the LG G4, and I gave my mother the iPhone because she wanted to try using a smartphone. My father being the klutz he is, dropped the phone, and the screen is pretty badly shattered and it's very hard to see anything on the phone. If I hadn't told my mom about pokemon go, it wouldn't be an issue, and I'd tell her to just get a Moto E and call it a day, unfortunately she likes pokemon go, and would like to keep playing, so my point is, after this life story, that I need a cheap phone that supports pokemon go, IOS/Android is fine, no preference.

Thanks so much for reading and sending feedback!

By the way, sorry if this is in the wrong area, I didn't know where exactly to post this...

Solution
buy the new zte max pro,cheap 6 inch with 2gigs of ram,snapdragon 617 is just fine and it is the cheapest phone with the specs it has.In addition android MM out of the box.

jpatrick2

Respectable
May 4, 2016

literally anything with the appstore or google play store will work...

Tokage

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015

Pokemon go relies heavily on a phone's gyroscope, and is a very demanding app, so no, any phone with an appstore won't work.

jpatrick2

Respectable
May 4, 2016

Gyroscope is used for the AR feature, which can be turned off (should be turned off anyway, the feature drains battery and makes it more difficult to catch Pokemon). It is true that the app is very demanding on battery life and mobile data, but anything with 2gb of RAM on KitKat or above should play it.

But since you are so well versed on the subject, why not do your own research? Nobody knows what you want/need better than you.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
buy the new zte max pro,cheap 6 inch with 2gigs of ram,snapdragon 617 is just fine and it is the cheapest phone with the specs it has.In addition android MM out of the box.

Solution