[SOLVED] Cheapest PWM 140mm RGB fans? (need 4-5)

byler47

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018
My new PC could use some more fans and having them RGB would give it some pazzaz too. I would also prefer PWM so I can sync it up with my RGB RAM. I've looked far and wide and the best ones I could find for the money is a 5-pack of them by UpHere for $46. They aren't PWM though and they are also static speed. I have a fairly low budget of about $65 for it too. Any suggestions?

Solution
That's a tight budget for 5 x PWM RGB Fans, you could forgo the RGB initially and Buy Phanteks Halos for them when you have spare cash for the RGB bling

RGB PWM is basically the most premium fan you could want, maybe you'll get lucky though, I would go for fewer, more high quality fans rather than many cheap ones, as those many cheap ones might be noisy as hell even with a voltage converter

However if you don't mind a long shipping wait you could try some AliExpress ones out...

Ender11235

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
I just bought reconditioned corsair SL series 120mm x3 with controller from NewEgg for 60$ canadian. They're kinda plain but look alright. The LL series are amazing but I ain't paying 120$ for fans. Make sure you look up reviews on what you are looking at. I was recently fooled by some clever photography by cooler master.

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
That's a tight budget for 5 x PWM RGB Fans, you could forgo the RGB initially and Buy Phanteks Halos for them when you have spare cash for the RGB bling

RGB PWM is basically the most premium fan you could want, maybe you'll get lucky though, I would go for fewer, more high quality fans rather than many cheap ones, as those many cheap ones might be noisy as hell even with a voltage converter

However if you don't mind a long shipping wait you could try some AliExpress ones out

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Coo...lgo_pvid=33105937-ddb4-4622-a234-4a01f5f84584

They might even be real CoolerMaster if you're lucky

so yeah I agree that it's best to check reviews. I bought non-RGB Corsair MLs just because they're one of the best you can buy.

I also got a very expensive BeQuiet fan which I thought was PWM but isn't, it's ludicrously loud and fast, the PWM option was 50 cents more expensive and I just assumed it was PWM for some reason, pretty annoying.

These ones are even cheaper, not sure how much I'd recommend them, but hey - that fits your description of 60-65 for 4 - 5 RGB PWM Fans, if you bought them - you should just buy one to test it out, sometimes you do get more than you pay for and get a good deal. Other times you get what you pay for or worse....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/COO...lgo_pvid=33105937-ddb4-4622-a234-4a01f5f84584

Last edited:
Solution

byler47

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for the reply! Since then I decided to take a chance on a pack of 5 non PWM fans from UpHere. I was honestly kinda worried and skeptical at first cause they were only like 55$. I was pleasantly surprised to see (or hear) they're actually very quiet!