Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Hey,
Two questions.

First of all, with a Gigabyte DS3 Motherboard, how do I check my RAM voltage? I'm using the issue of BIOS supplied with the motherboard, and all it tells me is that my RAM voltage is "OK," but I want to know specifically what it is, since some LGA 775 boards have had problems with RAM latency/voltage.

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but where do I find my power supply voltage frequencies with the DS3? I want to make sure that my PSU is, indeed, running correctly.

Thanks.

Jizumonkey

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I don't normally harp on about people using search features but since I posted the answer to this almost identical question only a few days ago it does seem that many still dont use it...

The DS3 defaults to 1.8V out of the box, and as such your RAM must be able to run at this voltage to boot your system. The voltage setting available in the BIOS increases this value by 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 or 0.4V to give the full range (plus overhead) of every type available. If your memory is manufacturer recommended to run at 2.1V, simply set the increase to 0.3V.

Your second question doesnt quite make sense...voltage / frequencies are two diferent types of values. DC doesnt have a frequency so the only thing you can find out is the voltages. These are listed in the BIOS for your 3V, 5V and 12V rails.