Question Check Graphics card for problems

bazware

Prominent
May 16, 2020
I have a mini desktop computer running windows 10 Pro and an onboard graphics card Intel UHD 630. I'm suspecting there might be some issues with this card due but just ran a benchmark test using 'Heaven Benchmark' and nothing found.
Can someone recommend a good app to thoroughly test my graphics card and possibly other components?

Also, I'm well behind the times tech wise these days, what do people use these days to Benchmark/Test their computer for what hardware upgrades it can do - I used to use FutureMark (or was it PCMark) years ago?

bazware

Prominent
May 16, 2020
Why do you suspect that your GPU have some issues?
After playing an online poker game, using some auxiliary software for a HUD, sometimes the Hud remains behind on the screen instead of automatically disappearing and windows freezes for anything from a few seconds to 20 or more seconds. I thought it was a software problem initially, but then I tried different HUD software and got the same issue.

A friend of mine said he had a similar issue and it turned out to be the graphics card. Obviously I'm not sure if it is, but looks like it might be a possibility.

bazware

Prominent
May 16, 2020
Apologies for the lack of specifics
The problem is occuring for me while playing on PokerStars, using either PokerTracker 4 or Hand2Note poker tracker software that helps play. I'm including an image of my table with the HUD (Heads up Display) from PokerTracker 4 overlayed on the table, that's all the different stats - mostly blank in this case as have never played against these two opponents before. Normal behavior is that when the table closes the HUD should also close and this still happens about 90% of the time, but now about 10% of the time the stats remain on the screen and windows freezes from anything to about 3 to 20 seconds, but one time it froze until I managed to shut Windows down.

I don't know whether it's a graphics card problem or not, but it doesn't seem to be software specific and as mentioned previously an online friend of mine said that the same thing happened him before and it turned out a faulty graphics card was the problem, unfortunately he wasn't able to tell me how he determined this.

Note: Trying to add an image here, but unable to, have tried multiple times to add image with gyazo and imgur and now with PhotoBucket.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Pi8vwKw" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/Pi8vwKw"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bazz

Last edited:

bazware

Prominent
May 16, 2020
It just say the image is currently unavailable.

Do you use that same computer for other things as well, games etc ?

People this days tend to use OCCT or Catzilla for stress testing.

I tried to follow the instructions on the sticky to post the image, but I'm a newbie so maybe I still managed to do something wrong.

I pretty much don't play computer games. Last time i played any at all was months ago.

Thanks for the info on the stress testing :) Can OCCT and Catzilla determine what upgrades your computer can take btw, it might be that I need a more powerful graphics card even if my current onboard one is not faulty.