Check if Everything is Good to Go.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Heya everyone. I'm confident that this PC will run fine, enough space, power, motherboard is compatible with everything, etc. If someone could just take a look at this and give it the good to go , would be much appreciated, cheers.

Gigabyte 760 OC (Graphics)
i.5 4670 (Processor)
ASUS Z87M-PLUS (Motherboard)
G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) (Ram)
Corsair CX-750w (Power Supply)
Windows 8.1 (OS)
NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Case-Gunmetal (Case)
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB (SSD)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (HDD)
Pioneer DVR (Disc Drive)

Thanks.

Solution
Some may advise you to change to a better PSU, and maybe get a cheaper mobo since you won't going to OC.

But if you don't have a lot of hardware options in your area, you are good to go.

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Some may advise you to change to a better PSU, and maybe get a cheaper mobo since you won't going to OC.

But if you don't have a lot of hardware options in your area, you are good to go.

Solution
Also, is your processor the i5-4670k or i5-4670. There is a huge difference between the two. The i5-4670k allows you to overclock while the i5-4670 does not. Since you are getting a Z87 chipset motherboard, I'm assuming that you'll want to overclock so you want the i5-4670k.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Nah decided not to OC in this setup, the build should perform well enough without it, and as for the motherboard choice, just the easiest.

Since you're planning to not overclock:
-Grab the i5-4430. It is cheaper and will perform just the same. The 400mhz difference will mean nothing.
-For the motherboard, go for a H87 chipset motherboard. It will perform the same at a cheaper price.
-Is that CX750 the non-modular or the semi-modular version? The non-modular version has a problem because it uses lower quality capacitors and it will die much quicker. I would not recommend you going with the CX non-modular.

Since you're planning to not overclock:
-Grab the i5-4430. It is cheaper and will perform just the same. The 400mhz difference will mean nothing.
-For the motherboard, go for a H87 chipset motherboard. It will perform the same at a cheaper price.
-Is that CX750 the non-modular or the semi-modular version? The non-modular version has a problem because it uses lower quality capacitors and it will die much quicker. I would not recommend you going with the CX non-modular.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

For the i.5-4430, the place im buying from doesnt sell that for whatever reason (PCCASEGEAR).The motherboard I went with is the ASUS H87M-PRO. And the power supply is modular , aswell as 80+ Bronze. What would you recommend for the processor , keep the 4670, or a new i.5. And is the motherbaord choice a good one. Thanks.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Alright thanks a tonne man, you helped alot, decided to go with the 4570, as its only a 200 MHZ difference

Go for the i5-4440. It should be noticeably cheaper and it will perform the same.
Also, passmark scores aren't really a good way to judge a processor. The i5-4440 and i5-4570 uses the same architecture and everything, it's just clocked 100mhz lower. You will not notice the 300mhz, but you will notice the money saved.
i5-4440: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24882&cPath=1490

Also, for the motherboard, the Asus Z87M-Pro is a good choice, but there's really no point of going for a mATX board with an ATX case. For an extra $4, you can go for a regular size ATX board: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23622&cPath=1491

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
According to newegg and amazon prices Herbatios will save around 5-10$ which isn't a lot. However, a 300MHz can make a difference, I had stuttering issue on BF4, and when I clocked my CPU from 3.8GHz to 4.2Ghz it made a lot of difference (400MHz in my case). And using H87 board he'll also be able to boost the CPU. I think up to 4GHz for sure, which will be easier with the 4570.

Actually the OP is buying from PCCaseGear and the price difference between the i5-4440 and i5-4570 is $20, but the speed difference is only 100mhz. 100mhz is nothing.
Also, you cannot overclock on the i5-4440 or i5-4570 because they are both locked. I don't know where you're getting your information from.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
I changed over the motherboard to the ASRock, and also the CPU, as it is only a 100MHZ difference, and if that means nothing then its worth saving 20 dollars, as for new egg, I'm thinking of having them build it for me, as I would rather not break/stuff up this build and waste all that money. Does the motherboard support Wireless ? Or will I have to install the driver or buy an adapter ?

Well Newegg is an American/Canadian retailer, so how can they build it for you if you're all the way at Australia?
Also, the ASRock H87 Performance does not support wireless. The only Socket LGA 1150 ATX motherboard that supports wireless are the higher end Z87 chipset boards. It'll be a waste of money investing so much into a motherboard only for the wireless connectivity. You're better off buying your own adapter.

Foldalot

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

The information I am getting is from my own PC, where I managed to boost i7 2600(non k) up to 4.5GHz using ASUS Al suite. It was stable on prime95 and I was able to play games where I did benchmarking. There was obvious improvement in results. So I never said anything about overclock, I only mentioned the word "boost"

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Alrighty, worth paying 60, 70 dollars for the driver, or an adapter, and when i talked about new egg i meant to say PC Case Gear will build it for me :D [UPDATE] I decided to add an adapter , the TP-Link TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCIe Adapter, yes I know its for a windows 7 OS, I'm still not sure to go with 8.1 or 7. Anyway, how would this adapter go, just have an antenna sticking out of the case somewhere ? (I'm fine with that). As long as it works.

@Foldalot: The only way to increase the clock speed on a processor is to: 1. Increase the multiplier or 2. Change the bclk. Since it's a i7-2600, you can't change the multiplier and changing the bclk barely gets you anywhere. I don't know what Asus AI suite did, but I wouldn't trust it. You probably did one of those "one-click overclock" things, which basically change the numbers for you. I'm not quite sure what you did, but considering it's a non-k processor, you're better off to leave it at stock, IMHO. Also, boost is practically the same thing as overclocking because you're making the processor run at a faster speed than it was specified to run.

@Herbatios: Here would be a better adapter: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200_328&products_id=19577&zenid=f4ab1165062a57df843e9c137ac3b8db
It's only a couple of dollars more and the double antenna will help with speed.
I would go with Windows 8.1 because there are many free programs that can make it look like Windows 7 with the start menu and such and you still get the pros of Windows 8.1 (better security, faster booting times, longer support period, etc.). However, it's always your choice.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Just had a look at the adapter , only supports windows 7 ,no 8, but if I can find an adapter for windows 8, I will change my OS

It actually does. For wireless adapter, any will do for any OS.
But if you want to be sure, look at this link from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704129&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
In the description, it says "Plug & Play for Windows 8"

I'm assuming that the wireless adapter came out before Windows 8 did, so of course they can't say it works with Windows 8. And after Windows 8 came out, they never bothered to update their list.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Alright , if thats the case, i'll have windows 8, dual antenna adapter, I think if thats sorted, and the CPU (i.5 4440) then this PC is good to go :) [UPDATE] Just now I dug through some files in my computer and managed to find a broadcom LAN/Wireless Driver. If i put that on USB, installed this driver on the new PC, would it work, and would it be worth it, I think its best spending 15 dollars on the adapter.

Herbatios

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Alright , think I've got everything sorted, thanks everyone for all the help

TRENDING THREADS