News Check Out This 48-Inch OLED Gaming Monitor Reduced to $799: Real Deals

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
No, that is incorrect. This is a monitor in every respect. No tv-tuner in that thing and it has purpose built PC features and acts as a monitor.

Are you telling me it's a 48' TV without the tv-tuner? Oh man.. it's even broken out of the box? You know the LG OLED TV, which comes with the tv part fully functional, is a 120hz monitor and NSYNC certified. Explain the difference to me again

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Are you telling me it's a 48' TV without the tv-tuner? Oh man.. it's even broken out of the box? You know the LG OLED TV, which comes with the tv part fully functional, is a 120hz monitor and NSYNC certified. Explain the difference to me again

You know the Gigabyte has displayport and a kvm switch which are decidedly monitor features. It also lacks things like 50p mode, 24p mode, and Dolby Vision which are decidedly TV features. Processing is also different between TVs and monitors. The line between a monitor and TV has been significantly blurred though.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
You know the Gigabyte has displayport and a kvm switch which are decidedly monitor features. It also lacks things like 50p mode, 24p mode, and Dolby Vision which are decidedly TV features. Processing is also different between TVs and monitors. The line between a monitor and TV has been significantly blurred though.
ah, excellent points. with the latest consoles the line sure has become less clear.