Question Check Signal Cable Analog

Sep 17, 2019
I have a Samsung S27350FHN 27" Monitor.
I am in college at this point, so I recently took my PC to my dorm. At home, everything had been working fine for a year. As soon as I got to the dorm, no display would appear on my monitor. I have plugged my cable into my friends ps4 (on his monitor) and display came up, and I also hooked up my monitor with my friends laptop and display appeared, so I ruled out the monitor and the hdmi cable. I tried re-setting the GPU and RAM just because perhaps they went loose during travel, but nothing came up. It just keeps flashing between analog and HDMI, before telling me to, "Check Signal Cable." Im clueless as to where to go next, as I'm, for the most part, PC illiterate.
My GPU is a NVIDIA GTX 1660.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model motherboard, GPU?

Are you sure that you are plugging video cable into the correct video port?

Motherboard instead of the GPU or vice versa?

Especially if the original (home) connection was the motherboard all along and you are now trying to use the one of the GPU ports.

Sep 17, 2019
Make and model motherboard, GPU?

Are you sure that you are plugging video cable into the correct video port?

Motherboard instead of the GPU or vice versa?

Especially if the original (home) connection was the motherboard all along and you are now trying to use the one of the GPU ports.
Not sure of the model, know its an ASUS.
I'm plugging in the cable directly into the gpu, and have been for the time that ive been using the rig, although there's also a port on the mobo so vice versa I suppose?

Ralston18

Titan
It does appear that the monitor and cable have proven okay.

Try connecting the monitor via the motherboard's video port(s).

Start up your PC and press the applicable key to go into BIOS.

You may need to change the configuration to use the motherboard's integrated GPU.

Objective being to narrow the problem down to perhaps a misconfigured GTX 1660 (best case) or a failed GTX 1600 (worst case).

If at all possible try the GTX 1660 in another known working PC.