• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Check the video cable - Grainy BSOD

Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone. For some months now I have been having various PC problems.
The first problem started a few months ago (computer assembled by me) when the PC was still new. In practice one of the two screens turns black for no reason and the word "check the video cable or input ..." appears and when you turn the monitor off and on again everything works well 'till next time. I connected two screens with a Display Port cable while the third screen is connected with HDMI.
I tried to change the cables, buy new ones, connect it with HDMI but nothing changes.
The "defective" monitor is an HP Omen 25, 1080p, 144hz.

However, the real problem is another. For some months now the computer has suddenly stopped responding and then a completely grainy and illegible BSOD appears. After that it restarts and sometimes it does not do it, other days after 1 hour or less. Yesterday happened to me 3 times in 15 minutes. Today, however, has not yet done so. Sometimes it happens when I watch a movie, sometimes while playing some video games, sometimes while watching YT or reading a pdf.

Here are the technical specifications of my PC and OS, I also attach a photo of the error.

OS: Windows 10 pro 64 bit installed on a Sabrent Rocked Nvme 500gb
MOBO: Asus Prime z390-A
RAM: z Skill Trident Z 16 x 2
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT (all drivers updated)
PSU: Corsair RM750x
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
LIQUID COOLING: Corsair H100i

I have also made some antivirus scan with 3 different antivirus (AVG,Avira and Avast) but no virus found.

Someone can help me please?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS