[SOLVED] Checking First [Decent] PC Build (Ryzen)

Mar 30, 2019
Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as reasonable, no real rush

Budget Range: Between $1400 and (if necessary) $2000 AUD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming/Content creation, Video editing, MatLab, Solid Works
Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Power supply, Network Adapter, SSD, HDD, Case, Fans

Do you need to buy OS: No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, PLE, Austin Computers, Scorptec
, Budget PC, MWave, Umart,. Not really picky as from what PCPart Picker is saying the prices vary a bit from site to site for each part.

Parts Preferences: Curently thinking Ryzen (7 2700x) as opposed to the Intel (i7 9700k) just for the cost defence compared to the pretty slim difs in gaming performane (Especially since i'll be bottle necking it with a 1050Ti anyway, until i upgrade to a decent GPU sometime later).

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Only current gaming demand for it will be fortnite and apex really. At some stage I am probably looking to be able to play more demanding games like bf1/5 when I get a better graphics card.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Current laptop can most definitley not handle modern gaming, video editing and uni programs.

Parts:
PCPartPicker List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/AlbinoYeti/saved/#view=wn9q4D
Notes: The power supply right now is pretty overkill I think but I thought I may as well just get a decent one now for future upgrades.
Also i've heard that I should probably get a controller for the fans otherwise they'll just run at max speed and be loud, so any suggestions for that would be welcomed.
If link dosn't work:

Last edited:
Solution
Overall, great build for your purposes. I would also suggest 3200 ram if possible.
The 2700x and b450 in this budget and is best for your uses. Its newer and should get support for longer than 1st gen.
Do not buy a 120mm watercooler, they are worse than most cheaper air coolers. The 2700x stock cooler is fine.
You could buy an antec earthwatts 750 psu since its the same inside as the seasonic but it only semi modular and much cheaper.
1050ti will run 1080p 60fps with medium- high settings in those games. You could buy a gtx 1660 if you want better performance.
Overall, great build for your purposes. I would also suggest 3200 ram if possible.
The 2700x and b450 in this budget and is best for your uses. Its newer and should get support for longer than 1st gen.
Do not buy a 120mm watercooler, they are worse than most cheaper air coolers. The 2700x stock cooler is fine.
You could buy an antec earthwatts 750 psu since its the same inside as the seasonic but it only semi modular and much cheaper.
1050ti will run 1080p 60fps with medium- high settings in those games. You could buy a gtx 1660 if you want better performance.

Reactions: AlbinoYeti
Solution