Question Checking Media Presence... Media Present... error

Jul 16, 2022
Hi,

I have a Gaming Desktop PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 240GB M.2 SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
I was just browsing then the computer froze then a few minutes later it went to a black screen then a message saying "Checking Media Presence... Media Present... Start PXE over IPv6 (but sometimes says IPv4).

I can then access a UEFI BIOS Utility menu thing but don't know what to do in it. I've tried restarting my computer but it keeps doing the same thing.. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Tom

Colif

Win 11 Master
"Checking Media Presence... Media Present... Start PXE over IPv6 (but sometimes says IPv4).
it can't find the boot drive. It is skipping the drive and looking for its next options, which are booting off a network. hence PXE

I was just browsing then the computer froze then a few minutes later it went to a black screen
it sounds like the drive stopped working while you were using it. I have concerns about its ability to work again.

1TB HDD, 240GB M.2 SSD,
which drive is boot drive? what make/model? Was boot drive the ssd?

you need to check if ssd still works. I assume hdd was storage. Just stopping isn't what hdd do, they make noises... ssd can just stop. Put ssd in another PC and see if you can access it.

Last edited: