checking my perormance and maint said IPSEC did not start?

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi was checking my computer and it said ipsec did not start,any idea why,and
if it is very important how do i fix it?
ray

IPSEC Services service.
Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP
security driver.

I have it disabled.

IPSEC Services
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#IPSEC_Services

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:472719E8-746C-4C60-A919-0E2F3E58BFC3@microsoft.com,
ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi was checking my computer and it said ipsec did not start,any idea
> why,and if it is very important how do i fix it?
> ray

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi,
Is it safe to disable?,have wireless modem routor,and use this connection
for other wireless connection on my other computers using wireless.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> IPSEC Services service.
> Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP
> security driver.
>
> I have it disabled.
>
> IPSEC Services
> http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#IPSEC_Services
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:472719E8-746C-4C60-A919-0E2F3E58BFC3@microsoft.com,
> ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi was checking my computer and it said ipsec did not start,any idea
> > why,and if it is very important how do i fix it?
> > ray

Your first post said it couldn't start anyway. Any problem with your
network? If not disable IPSEC Services service.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A59DAB0E-CB81-4E58-832D-C6132F6F7476@microsoft.com,
ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
> Is it safe to disable?,have wireless modem routor,and use this connection
> for other wireless connection on my other computers using wireless.
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> IPSEC Services service.
>> Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP
>> security driver.
>>
>> I have it disabled.
>>
>> IPSEC Services
>> http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#IPSEC_Services
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:472719E8-746C-4C60-A919-0E2F3E58BFC3@microsoft.com,
>> ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi was checking my computer and it said ipsec did not start,any idea
>>> why,and if it is very important how do i fix it?
>>> ray

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi,
Ok will try that,and hope it will not cause any problem,checked again in
admin and it says same thing but checked in system and it said it started,bit
of a contradiction in terms one sucuaty,not started the other says it
has,still wondering why it`s there if it`s not important
ray

"ray" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it safe to disable?,have wireless modem routor,and use this connection
> for other wireless connection on my other computers using wireless.
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
> > IPSEC Services service.
> > Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP
> > security driver.
> >
> > I have it disabled.
> >
> > IPSEC Services
> > http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#IPSEC_Services
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >
> > Wes
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > In news:472719E8-746C-4C60-A919-0E2F3E58BFC3@microsoft.com,
> > ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > > Hi was checking my computer and it said ipsec did not start,any idea
> > > why,and if it is very important how do i fix it?
> > > ray

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi ok thanks for your help.

"ray" wrote:

> Hi,
> Ok will try that,and hope it will not cause any problem,checked again in
> admin and it says same thing but checked in system and it said it started,bit
> of a contradiction in terms one sucuaty,not started the other says it
> has,still wondering why it`s there if it`s not important
> ray
>
> "ray" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Is it safe to disable?,have wireless modem routor,and use this connection
> > for other wireless connection on my other computers using wireless.
> >

> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> > > IPSEC Services service.
> > > Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP
> > > security driver.
> > >
> > > I have it disabled.
> > >
> > > IPSEC Services
> > > http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#IPSEC_Services
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> > >
> > > Wes
> > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > In news:472719E8-746C-4C60-A919-0E2F3E58BFC3@microsoft.com,
> > > ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Open Services to see if IPSEC Services is running.

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down to IPSEC Services, under status column if it is running you will
see Started.
Or double click IPSEC Services, if it is running the Start button will be
grayed out.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:242C47F1-DBF9-48E8-B92C-D17EF39153F6@microsoft.com,
ray <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
> Ok will try that,and hope it will not cause any problem,checked again in
> admin and it says same thing but checked in system and it said it
> started,bit of a contradiction in terms one sucuaty,not started the other
> says it has,still wondering why it`s there if it`s not important
> ray
>
> "ray" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Is it safe to disable?,have wireless modem routor,and use this connection
>> for other wireless connection on my other computers using wireless.
>>

>> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>>
>>> IPSEC Services service.
>>> Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP
>>> security driver.
>>>
>>> I have it disabled.
>>>
>>> IPSEC Services
>>> http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#IPSEC_Services