Question Checking temperatures and custom fan curve for my R9 Fury

Jan 13, 2020
Hello Guys, Recently I acquired an used Sapphire R9 Fury nitro for my old system rig. As you might know this card have a 0db noise feature where the fans won't turn on until it reaches certain temperature. Here is where I started with the problems, my Fury was hitting around 50-60°C on idle with the fans off which I see completely pointless since I like to keep my components cool; and this was only one part of my problem, I try to test CoD: Warzone and my card was hitting 76-80 °C and fans would go to 70-80% and stay there, at this point the noise level for this fans were insane.

Then I tried with another game, Metro: Exodus, now the card was constantly hitting the 80°C mark and fans were spinning at 93%, so that was about 3250 rpm, at this point the noise was extremely loud and it sounded just like a Jet engine. This is where I decided to make a custom fan curve that looks like this:

View: https://imgur.com/0XHlmkD

View: https://imgur.com/VNScrK2

now the gpu on idle will stay around 35-40°C and the fans oscilate between 900-1000 rpm which seems very quiet for me.
I did also manage to undervolt the Fury 72mV using wattman (you can see it on the second photo) and tested 2 games, Forza Horizon 4 and CoD: Warzone, with Forza the highest temperature reached was 69°C according to Hwinfo64 and fans won't go past 50% that's about 1750-1800 rpm, with warzone the highest temperature was 72°C and hitting solid 60fps @ultra settings with fans running around 55% which seems to increase the noise a little bit but not that much. This also make me save aroung 50-60 W. So I'm just wondering if I made everything right and my temperatures and fans rpm are normal or if there is something wrong and I should make some adjustments to my fan curve/Undervolt.

right now on my place it's a sunny day and the ambient temperature it's 23°C and my system rig is the following

i7 860 @2.8 GHz with no OC
dell 0C2KJT motherboard LGA 1156
CM Hyper 212 EVO
R9 Fury Nitro stocc and-72mV
12gb ram ddr3 @1333mhz
Corsair CX600
Kingston A400 240gb SSD
Barracuda 500gb HDD
Aerocool Xpredator X1 Black Edition
Windows 10 Pro 1903 and Adrenaline 20.4.1 Drivers.

Thank you very much and stay safe.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS