• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Checksum Bad

itsdaveyj

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hello,

So I just bought a new CPU which is an AM3+. My motherboard is an Asrock 770 extreme3 which is listed as an AM3 but can be compatible with AM3+ if I update the BIOS (the one listed for AM3+ compatibility is listed as being in beta). So I updated the BIOS and put in my new CPU but I get this error when I boot up my computer. Everything seems to run fine though once I get past that screen. I'm just curious if maybe I updated the BIOS incorrectly or if it could be a side effect of the BIOS being in beta or something? I followed the directions listed on ASRock's website so I'm a little confused.

itsdaveyj

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
No I didn't... but it appears to have resolved itself. After about the 3rd time I booted up my computer the message has stopped appearing. I'm not sure what I did to fix it though.