Cherry MX Blue switch is mushy and doesn't feel springy after actuation

RoBoSkullz

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
As I have said in the title, I have a CMStorm Quickfire TK with MX Blues. Yesterday I decided to give my keycaps a clean because they were quite dirty and greasy. After letting them soak in warm water with washing up liquid for an hour, I let them dry for a few hours. When I started to put the keycaps back on, I noticed that a few of them still had water in the stem of the keycap. After letting them dry for another hour with a case fan blowing air into them, I was confident that they were dry. I started to put the keycaps back on with no problems, until I came to the number 2 key, when I put the keycap on and started pressing it, it felt fine, moving on I put the rest on, then when I came to testing all the keys one last time, I noticed that the number 2 key was very, very mushy, almost like the membrane keyboard I am using right now. I can still feel it actuate, but it is very stiff and takes a lot more force to actuate than I would expect. Those of us who have MX Blues know after you actuate, if you let the switch rise up to just after the actuation point, when you press it down again it feels rather springy. I have noticed now that the number 2 key does not have this spring to it after the click and feels rather linear. I have used the straw and water method on this key multiple times to get it to press normally to no avail, my question is do I have to open the switch to unjam any components inside or with enough attempts with the straw method, can I get it back to normal?

*Update May 2017*
Left the board to dry for an extra day or so and the mushiness went away to the point where I could sell it 2 weeks later