Chexx hockey won't coin up

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

1983 Canada vs Russia Chexx ,has power, lights,display and boots up
CHARGE!,runs fan and coin lights.If I leave it on for a few minutes it goes
into attract mode and starts making Organ noises.However it won't coin up or
start,I tested all the wires to the coin mechs for continuity ,all good.Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Keller

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

check for continuity from coin switch wires to board, if that is good then
you have one or more bad chips on the boards. Since I don't have schematics
for the game I can't help much but I did fix a newer one that was doing the
same thing, but I had to replace three chips to get the coin switch working.
All were in line with inputs, first one the coin inputs hit and the two in
line with it. I guess even if you don't have schematics you can follow the
trace from where the wires go into the board. Post back what chip the wires
hit first from the coin up and second chip and third, and If I can not tell
you for sure, possibly someone else can chime in here.

Trin