chgprint.exe problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Hi,

I just installed a new print server and wish to run chgprint.exe on my NT4
Workstations to have the workstations refer to the new printserver instead
of the old on.

One problem though ..

When i run the chgprint.exe it asks me "Add new printer connections" - I
press yes, but nothing changes. Printers are still referred to on my old
server. Shouldnt it it read "HP Printer on NEWSERVER" in the printers folder
on the workstations?

My Transelateprinter.txt is like this :

\\nina\THP4PL \\mia\TH4PL

Regards,

Martin

"Martin P." <sync@liquid.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a new print server and wish to run chgprint.exe on my NT4
> Workstations to have the workstations refer to the new printserver instead
> of the old on.
>
> One problem though ..
>
> When i run the chgprint.exe it asks me "Add new printer connections" - I
> press yes, but nothing changes. Printers are still referred to on my old
> server. Shouldnt it it read "HP Printer on NEWSERVER" in the printers
folder
> on the workstations?

If my Translteprinter.txt file only is like this

\\nina\THP4PL

Then chgprint.exe deletes the printer just as it should. So something is
working.

Regards,

Martin