CHIMPZILLA the Follower!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
just like the true followers they are, Amd will cut prices AFTER Intel slashes their prices.

Intel cuts prices March 4; Amd cuts prices March 5.

good for both camps.

****Not responsible for foward looking statements made while intoxicated!!!****

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
please don't get you hopes up, because Amd has not commited to that yet.

<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/" target="_new"> :smile: </A>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmdMeltdown on 02/22/01 01:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Were you born a idiot AmdMeltDown, or are you so jealous that a 'small' company did something better then your lover Intel? I would like to know why you hate them so much, but im sure you will just complain about thermal protection or something, or that there is no dual motherboards, well, guess what! 90% of the population has no need for dual motherboards. Besides, do you honestly believe without AMD, Intel would lower there prices so quickly? You see, when you have a monopoly of a market you can control it also. Intel is finally discovering that they cant just do whatever they want, and push a product and expect everyone to buy it because they make it. I wont buy anything made by intel anymore, because I dont like the prices, or there attitude towards there customers, or there employees :)

Rant over

priit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What's your problem, Amdmeltdown ? If your beloved Intel is so good and AMD so bad, then why are you whining all the time ? BTW AMD parts have been cheaper than Intel's pretty much from the beginning anyway...

G

come on amdmeltdown....youre an intelligent guy, you know it, i know it...dont lower yourself to this sh!t

youre better than this...

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: cape does not enable user to fly.

G

lol, Amdmeltdown doesnt seem to hav much to say.....still dont understand why Intel fans are so immature

:hat

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heh, AMD puppies love to flame meltdown for anything, GG

Intel price cuts must me a sore spot for AMD lovers. they sure got bent over that in a ugly way.

BTW 90% of my customers use SMP

G

AMD has not committed to the date since they can do it anytime they want. Two immediate reason why: Intel is cutting theirs by 6 to 11% on most of the higher end chips while the celerons are upto 19% (19% off of crap, still makes it crap not worth buying). The other reason is probably their expected release of the 1.3 Ghz Athlon.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
for all of you who want to know where meltdown found the info... its:

www.theregister.co.uk

Its a great site with a much broader perspective towards IT.

Anyway, the AMD price cut marks a wider availibility of Athlon C's and the 1.3GHz model.

Intel however, only just tried a futile pre-emptive strike.

G

Really reaching on this one and please define "slashes". At least this it isn't a "how I love a thermal diode" post.

On the flip side, isn't !ntel following AMD by price cutting and making CPU's more affordable?

"Yesterday's solutions are Today's problems...."

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
First off, Intel's price drops are hardly futile. It's this competition between the two companies that is giving us ALL lower prices, Intel and AMD alike.

Second off, Intel couln't possibly be trying to lower their prices to get rid of the Celerons and pave the way for the Northwood. No. That could NEVER be a reason to lower their prices...

Third, "wider availibility of Athlon C's" means that you might now actually be able to buy one... As opposed to before where you just knew that they existed but couldn't find them for sale to save your life. (Not that this bothered me any since I don't need a C step to get 133MHz FSB anyway.)

Fourth, if we want to call ANYTHING about this futile, I would say it would have to be AMD launching a 1.3GHz CPU. Anyone who's interested in GHz (marketting) is going to go with a P4 because they're beyond a mere 1.3GHz. And anyone who's interested in performance with today's applications only needs a 1.2GHz T-Bird to outperform the current P4s.

And, as a side commentary, while The Register is interesting, they're also very cynical and often fail to look at the good sides of ANYTHING if they can in any way get a shot in at anything. So while they do provide some useful information, it's good to balance what they say against some more upbeat sites that try to look at the good in things.

- Sanity is purely based on point-of-view.