China Bans Online Gang Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBradley

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
Its funny how they are trying to ban "Gang" stuff when they are....well....sort of a gang themselves if you think about it.

johnjohn_75

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Wow, China bans gang type games? So that must mean they must disban their commie government--no pun intended.

BTW, Doesnt anyone else think doing business with a communist government is risky and stupid? Cant figure out why the free world has anything to do with them...Oh, wait, sorry...cheap labor, Chinese business beats their employees...The free world businesses wish they could do that.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
I gradually come to believe that Chinese intellectual elites are the obstacle for China to become free and democratic. The elites, who succeeded in school system and good at taking exams, despise Chinese proletariat and regard themselves as higher form of people who should dictate how others would live and think. I call it: exetasocracy.

Most Chinese intellectuals, who spend their early lives in textbooks and preparation for college exams, then seek gantry in either bureaucratic system or educational institutions knows nothing about real lives of people. Yet, they think they can make better decision for others.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]apmyhr[/nom]Did Jack Thompson move to China or something?[/citation]

he's their new Minister of Entertainment Culture and Vice...

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The thought police doing their normal duties.
[citation][nom]chaohsiangchen[/nom]I gradually come to believe that Chinese intellectual elites are the obstacle for China to become free and democratic. The elites, who succeeded in school system and good at taking exams, despise Chinese proletariat and regard themselves as higher form of people who should dictate how others would live and think. I call it: exetasocracy. Most Chinese intellectuals, who spend their early lives in textbooks and preparation for college exams, then seek gantry in either bureaucratic system or educational institutions knows nothing about real lives of people. Yet, they think they can make better decision for others.[/citation]

The problem is they view people as a resource to be cultivated and utilized. Anything that would detract from their productivity is a nuisance to be squashed.

G

Next up: China bans all violent video and computer games, followed by a ban on violent sports, followed by a ban on any activity that may or may not result in physical or emotional harm to another, followed by a ban on even thinking about anything even remotely considered "bad".

Big Brother is coming.

G

The China government is BAD, they treat their people like resources.

But the rules of the GOOD capitalism says: "make profit at all costs".
And all cost sometime (almost allways) means: "use cheap chinese labor to increase profit".

If the GOOD capitalists have any serious interest in improving the chinese's life they need to stop using them.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]Can anyone name a game where you RAPE people? I don't remember a Rape-Master series[/citation]

There are some Japanese Hentai games where you have choice to do so.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
It would just be easier if China installed a big teletron inside each person's home with a big eye ball watching everyone. That way they could instantly jail anyone who dare to challenge their "authority."

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]cappster[/nom]It would just be easier if China installed a big teletron inside each person's home with a big eye ball watching everyone. That way they could instantly jail anyone who dare to challenge their "authority."[/citation]

You will respect my authoritor!

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]cappster[/nom]It would just be easier if China installed a big teletron inside each person's home with a big eye ball watching everyone. That way they could instantly jail anyone who dare to challenge their "authority."[/citation]

lol... I thought that is what UK is doing. They basically have camera watching every single corner of streets in London...lol

Violence in gaming has been a problem for a while. I can understand why they want to ban it, like those conservative/religulous groups/parties in the States or other countries are trying to do. But a lot of time, it is not problem of the idea, it is the problem of the method they used/are using.
Hidding your head in the sand is usually not a very good way to deal with problems.... and being a control freak is usually making things even worse...

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
somewhere i can see this as reasonable.
Lines are fading and yes computer games are getting more and more violent if only just a bit more then the last one since violence sells.
If games are getting more realistic and violent the people playing those games will shift there perception of what is normal (this goes for anything really but more for multiplayer games then in example films or mtv).

Some one has to draw the line somewhere ...
Yes the internet should be free and all information on it should be legit but the stuff that is released as a game now days crosses lines and banning them has nothing to do with freedom of information and there is no right to freedom of moronic entertainment.

johnjohn_75

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
This "game banning" goes back and has a tell-tale sign of the banning of rock and roll back in the 50's. I can even remember back in the 70's religious fanatics knocing on my parents door handing out pamphlets telling people they should not listen to the devils music. Hog-wash now days but they tried. I remember when they tried to arrest that rapper for bad launguage back in the 80's. I dont like rap but there is a thing called freedom of speech...

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
What stinks is game companies will start making watered-down games just so they can get into the Chinese marketplace, which consists of 1.3 BILLION people...

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]hemelskonijn[/nom] ... yes computer games are getting more and more violent if only just a bit more then the last one since violence sells.[/citation]

Let's try an experiment.

1)Name our top 10 games of 2008 or 2009.
2)Count how many of them which do not invlove any form of killing and destruction.

hmm... is that answer very surprising?

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
china makes me laugh
ban this, ban that, internet censorship this, control that!
im glad i live in a country with a sane government

Status
Not open for further replies.