China Censors World of Warcraft; Blood to Oil

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]God bless the United States of America. The land of the Free.[/citation]
First sentence. Good. Last sentence. Untruthful.

At least with our current government.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]First sentence. Good. Last sentence. Untruthful.At least with our current government.[/citation]

yup, stop paying taxes on the land that you own free and clear and see how long you're "freedom" lasts. :p

GAZZOO

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
I thing they are at least haveing a go at sencoring the internet and games that children play which is more then what the rest of the world is doing.I say good on them if they dont want bad western values infecting there way of life
I personaly play all those games but then I am not under the age of ten years
the kids now days are being desensatized at a younger age to violence,gore and the realizm that you see on the TV and at the MOVIES they can turn off there emotions and grief then what they do and learn from the games they start to use in real life
But then with our free rights serciety how are we to control our childrens upbringing we can not while we have the internet and media uncencored
Gazz

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]try not to say things like "china effed up." its their government, not the people.[/citation]

well, it is kinda their ppl, but not their ppls fault.
what i'm saying is, you try and keep 1.3 billion mostly very poor ppl from anarchy and see if you come out looking like the dalai lama. see if you can go one day without a single one of 1.3 billion of them causing a news worthy effup.

we could say the same thing about the U.S. "oh look, another shooting, whats wrong with them." but its just statistically more likely to happen there, even if for no other reason than 300 million people, many with guns.

G

@GAZZOO- they don't want bad western values? Let me just explain how much of a hypocrite you are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wEMLifs7Q&feature=related So the local chinese can make lifelike games about killing Japanese people and it is okay but a fantasy game can't even show some little things. How about you preach to the Chinese about this first before you start chiming in about how it is Americans fault. I will tell you what the real issue, China is trying all it can to nudge out foreign business in order to promote Chinese products but they do it under the notion that "it is for the health of the kids" when it is all about money and power and promoting local products.

G

China’s whole philosophy is about productivity of it citizens. That is the type of government that they have.

If people are calling out from work and generally not producing as much, because of a game…….

Why are you people surprised at this? Their people are lucky they can even play video games in the first place.

kutark

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
[citation][nom]v1ze[/nom]I suppose they're ritarded too?[/citation]

Thankfully i'm not the only person who is growing ever more annoyed with the expanding number of people who seem incapable of spelling "ridiculous" properly.

I did lul at the "ritarded" comment though, good stuff.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yeah, I'm sick of people spelling mum 'mom' as well.

I'm sick of people so pompously defending what is possibly THE WORST standard ever 'developed'

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
There's blood in world of warcraft? ( so i guess the ability "mark of blood" will be renamed, "mark of cool boxes")

Then the pile of bones on the floor? i'm not so sure how chinese culture works and all but Mexico has people dancing in the streets and hanging skulls and skeletons on their "day of the dead" festival.)

More than a decency censorship, i really think that "speech" censorship is what they really want to monitor

franci_cz

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
It looks like new picture has much lower detail resolution than older one (fingers, leg, shoulder armor), Does'nt Wow client change even derbis model (skulls must have more polygons)?

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Matt87_50[/nom]yeah, I'm sick of people spelling mum 'mom' as well. I'm sick of people so pompously defending what is possibly THE WORST standard ever 'developed'[/citation]

I take it you spell mother, "muther", right? lol

xxrandomxxx

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]actually our vote doesnt mean shit really , we vote yet our votes get tallied up at he house of representitives . who then do the actual voting "supposably" these representives are suppsoed to throw what ever way thier stats votes (us) voting , but there ios no law sayign tehy ahve to vote teh way thier state voted so in theory they can vote what ever the hell they want to vote and we don't really have any say. who's to say our hosue reps are really going teh way we want them to.[/citation]

1. i assume you were talking about presidential elections... in which case the house of representatives does NOT vote for our president, however, the Electoral College does. while our votes do not directly decide the president, they DO decide how the electors from our state will vote *while this is not law, they've never voted against their state; and one would assume that after a couple hundred years of honesty we can trust them*

2. i for one feel that we have a lot of influence on how our representatives vote... i mean, after all we DO elect them directly, so without our support they have absolutely no chance at another term in office

3. YOU JUST GOT LEARNED

Status
Not open for further replies.