China Censors World of Warcraft; Blood to Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY???? Why would they do that? That's just plain stupid.
quote]The change stemmed from a controversial subway advertisement featuring undead characters from World of Warcraft that supposedly scared children[/quote]
Total BS.

G

So im guessing that Kel'Thuzad is looking like a baby girl?

2shea

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
good thing I live in the Netherlands where the government doesn't have shit on things like this. The pirate bay owned that stupid BREIN organisation by keeping TPB up and running under the flag of no longer being the owners of TPB :) Screw those commies in china leading it into submission...

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
They are not censoring games such as Doom 3 or some other games with explicit display of skulls body parts. The cosmetic change is probably only ostensible reason. What commies are really doing is to put MMORPG under their surveillance for the real sensitive information exchange.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
one again confirming that china is a crazy backward communist censoring land, only rivaled by apple HQ cept for the communist part(still investigating).

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]try not to say things like "china effed up." its their government, not the people.[/citation]
of course we meant their government, its not like any of the billion people over there have a say in what their government does.

wiglyworm

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I have to say, as a US citizen living and working in China for over a year, some comments made by idiots who have never stepped foot out of their own country (muchless state!) and make completely idiotic and groundless remarks really bothers me.

But situations like this, and being an avid WoW player, I find completely laughable! Godbless US servers ! It is mindbending to me how their government can be hipictritical (spellcheck) to the next level! (and no, they did not ding)

astrodudepsu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]And yet people blame Americans for the government, oh the fucking hypocrisy.[/citation]

Well we *do* actually vote them in, so in theory they have a point.

No one really votes in Communist leadership.

G

Why not sell it as R rated then? (21 years of age)?

The kids who love the game will ask their older brother to buy it, or an older friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.