News China proposes mandatory red flags placed on all AI-generated content posted online

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
If anyone remembers how shockingly good deep fake voice content was.
I have yet to hear one that doesn't sound like a payphone call, in terms of audio quality. That seems like it ought to be a solvable problem, though.

Should be a global thing & props to China for going after a simple & straight forward rule.
Seems only possible when you aren't guaranteed freedom of speech. In the USA, freedom of speech is also interpreted to mean freedom from being compelled to speak (by the government), which a requirement of such disclaimers might run afoul of. I think we'll find out, before too long.

Nov 3, 2023
No, and get replaced.

you're cringe and you should feel cringe for thinking AI should replace humans who actually know what they're doing and what they're talking about. OpenAI can't even count the number of Rs in the word "strawberry" correctly, much less Actually test its instructions or experience genuine emotion or original thought.

it reminds me of a Shel Silverstein poem called "Homework Machine". lazy parasites will always look for shortcuts, but plagiarism machines are fundamentally incapable of duplicating human perspective or human experience and literally rely on openly stealing everyone else's content to even function. even if it somehow worked perfectly— and it clearly doesn't— there's a very blatant moral and ethical shortcoming here.

and that's before we even start talking about the unmitigated environmental impact of a genAI bubble that seemingly exists purely to make the world a worse place for pretty much everybody but lazy slobs and tech CEOS.