China State-Owned Enterprises Now Have to Stop Pirating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
How come, to me that feels like the drug user saying 'Ohh yes, I'll clean up... Yes sir-ie. I'll head on over to rehab right now...'

Maybe it's just me... /shrug...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]How come, to me that feels like the drug user saying 'Ohh yes, I'll clean up... Yes sir-ie. I'll head on over to rehab right now...'Maybe it's just me... /shrug...[/citation]

One of the best ways to use government power for personal use is to set up businesses for certain success due to deals with the government. By ensuring a hefty profit you can then turn around and invest into the company and make tons of money while in office. Plus you can always expect the company to "pay it's respects" to you later on if they happen to be sending their lobbyists. I'm sure China is no exception to this and dances the same corruption dance.

Oh and vote for NuclearShadow for the Senate in 2018 if you happen to live in Connecticut. I won't do any of the corruption but don't expect me to do my job either. I am starting the Procrastination party. Changing America today!.... or maybe tomorrow.

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Now that they are making software and other IP on a larger scale. How Shocking! A few games I have like Alice: Madness Returns were made in China. Makes me want to set up a free torrent site just for stuff made in China and promise to shut it down for the next 30 years.

We need large tariffs on stuff made in slave labor states. All that Wal-Mart garbage would cost as much or more than the old better made US/Mexico/Canada stuff if they could not just steal the IP, had to pay a fair wage, provide real health care and not totally destroy the local environment.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Oh and vote for NuclearShadow for the Senate in 2018 if you happen to live in Connecticut. I won't do any of the corruption but don't expect me to do my job either. I am starting the Procrastination party. Changing America today!.... or maybe tomorrow.[/citation]I'm impressed with your candor! I'd vote for you but I'm not in CT. :(

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
If this was Microsoft the EU would be assessing a 200 million $$ fine. Ban them from all computer and software sales for 10 years.

Dont allow them to sell the Lenovo Brand.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
It means nothing. Chinese governement will simply publish a Chinese license for whatever software they have pirated.

China demanded, and got, the SOURCE CODE for everything that passed through their borders.

That’s why the Chinese government teams are so good at zero day exploits. They won’t give up a competitive advantage. Any other read on this is wishful thinking.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]How come, to me that feels like the drug user saying 'Ohh yes, I'll clean up... Yes sir-ie. I'll head on over to rehab right now...'Maybe it's just me... /shrug...[/citation]

only a moron gets addicted to their own stash.
china wants to look better, and from what i hear they are making serious strides to reform.
over all i think its a great thing, and is something microsoft was banking on sense windows 95 or 98
they more or less said they encouraging piracy, because one day they will figure out how to charge them, and when they do, they would have them by the balls, pay day.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

The problem with China is they bullshit about everything. "Oh we're going to let our currency float more freely"....to them fulfilling that promise means letting it move .0001%. It's STILL 6 yuan to 1 usd 3 years and one recession later. So when they say they're going to curb piracy they probably won't do crap.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

well, they either had a fairly big slip in censorship, or are making changes for the better, because they recently showed V for vendetta on their air waves.

i kind of believe that they are making the change for the better, or at least attempting to.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]tourist[/nom]China agreed to it because they already have been freely distributing there own os named "Kylin"Of course it has all the appropriate back doors so the gov can spy and censor who ever they see fit.http://forums.freebsd.org/archive/ [...] -4110.html[/citation]

Yep. Piracy in China will be slowing down. But nobody said they'd be using American software.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah right, and exactly how is the rest of the world supposed to validate that China is not pirating everything and anything? Lip service!

Status
Not open for further replies.