China: We Don't Hack the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What a joke. I personally know they are hacking our stuff. I also think it's a joke that they don't crack down on cyber crimes. Let someone in China go to a pro democracy site watch how fast they get jailed.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Daniel44125[/nom]What a joke. I personally know they are hacking our stuff. I also think it's a joke that they don't crack down on cyber crimes. Let someone in China go to a pro democracy site watch how fast they get jailed.[/citation]
How do you "personally know". Wait, maybe you can't tell us because you are a spy!

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well what a nice toss up. Who to believe. The Chinese, US Government/Military, or the Media? Tough call. Well for me the Chinese are absolutely out of the question. As for the other two....who knows? I still think it was a ploy to get government funds and more overall control, but that's just me.

G

No country is going admit to spying, that's insane. It could be perceived as an act of aggression, or act of war.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I have a hard time believing them as China basically has us by the balls monetarily, they know it would be a bold move if we tried to dig deeper into this matter.

old man dotes

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
"We didn't hack your stuff" "I did not have sex with that woman" "No protesters were harmed by Chinese tanks in Tianenmen Square" "Tibet is a province of China by the free choice of the Tibetan people"

Yeah, I believe all of that. Come ON, China is the source of the gods only know how much spam for illegal products and the Chinese government is perfectly happy to let that go on as long as it's not Chinese addresses being spammed, Chinese cyberthugs steal passwords and install keyloggers with tacit government approval, why would anyone think the Chinese government would shy away from hacking foreign government systems to spy on them? Let's be realistic, the NSA would do that in a heartbeat, and the Chinese government isn't any more honest than the NSA.

G

OK... Weapon of Mass destruction, Tonkin incident, 911 is very suspicious, War In Iraq(i dont know why we are there beside Oil), Panama, Nixon, etc etc...
All Great countries are liars. China lies, USA lies, Russia lies, etc...

i'm pretty sure China is hacking into USA but im also sure USA is hacking China.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Freaking liars. Just like Iran claiming they want nuclear power for "energy." Western countries will always lose in situations like this because we'll never hire unofficial hackers to break into Russian or Chinese networks.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]doctorpink[/nom]i'm pretty sure China is hacking into USA but im also sure USA is hacking China.[/citation]

yeap, but who isn't

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
wikiwikiwhat,

How do you know they're not? How do you know they're not using that info in THEIR fighter jets as we speak? Unbelievable - just because China doesn't release a fighter jet that looks like the JSF the NEXT DAY after hacking the info means they didn't steal it? What kind of idiot are you?

That's like saying the Craig'slist killer didn't do it cause he's not wearing bloody clothes the next day.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Like has been said, no Contractor worth a damn would place classified information on the internet. You would need to actually go into Lockhead Martins R&D and physically put a disk in one of the restricted access computers to get that information.
I think this is just a ploy by the US government to get stricter Internet regulations. Seriously, what did they get anyway? How a jet engine works, you can google that info.

avericia

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Next week in tomshardware news:

China releases the JSF 2 and insists that they did not hack the US because foreign ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told the AFP. "We resolutely oppose and crackdown on cyber crimes, including hacking."

G

Why is it still necessary to connect the pentagon to the Internets?

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]st430[/nom]as if CIA don't hack other country.everybody does it..that's all spys does.even our allies spys on us.[/citation]

Exactly right. In fact Israel has been cited as spying on us more than one occassion, and they are supposed to be close with us.

PigKilla

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Like has been said, no Contractor worth a damn would place classified information on the internet. You would need to actually go into Lockhead Martins R&D and physically put a disk in one of the restricted access computers to get that information.[/citation]

I happen to work for LM, and have worked on many classified programs. All of the classified computer networks that I am aware of are connected to the internet in one way or another, though they are highly encrypted. The computers are conenected to their own "classified network" at the site, but are securely connected to the internet in order to communicate with another site somewhere else in the country. There are many LM sites developing the JSF and have to share information, which is done via the the classified network, if it is classified. Anyone with enough know how and resources (i.e. the Chinese government, amoung others) can attempt to gain access to these networks from the comfort of their own soil. It happens all the time. Thankfully, most of the time these attempts are unsuccessful. A step to make it harder to get classified information would be to put it on it's own dedicated network from point A to point B, but that is not practical because it would be prohibitly expensive.

And it is not as simple as putting a disk into the disk drive and stealing data. Classified computers usually have their external disk drives disabled in addition to the usb ports to prevent data theft. The only ones who could steal data from the computer from the inside are the IT folks with admin rights. But that is why everyone has to be throughly investigated and receive a clearance before having access to classified information.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
What a one sided BS slant of an article. Jane (author) you are clueless and limited. China of course tries to hack into our computers - regardless of admitting it or not. BUT it's important to know that even our allies hack into us and it's idiotic to just think the Chinese and Russians are after us. DO YOU UNDERSTAND that national security considers all nations including allies as potential threats. France, England, Germany, Sweden, Japan, etc are always trying to dig a little deeper... ON the flip side we do the same thing to. China hacking into our system is like saying, the sun will be up tomorrow. Duh!

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom].I think this is just a ploy by the US government to get stricter Internet regulations. citation]

I think that the chinese did it to be honest but what you mentioned is also very probable... Wonder if the government thinks we have no common sense as to what could be happening... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.