News China's State-Sponsored AI Claims it Will Surpass ChatGPT by End of Year

Apr 5, 2023
Don't get me wrong, AI will do some amazing things and help some of us accomplish our tasks faster. But it is way over hyped at this point. We are seeing the next huge bubble in the making. People aren't even sure how to monitize it well yet. If you are an investor, it is okay to ride the wave but I recommend jumping ship in a couple years. This isn't as big as the PC or the Internet. We are so far away from artificial general intelligence it isn't even worth talking about yet. Current AI isn't thinking, it isn't inventing and it isn't self aware. No one has the first clue how to pull that off yet.
The advancement it's made in the last year is impressive, that's why it's going full hype overload

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
People aren't even sure how to monitize it well yet.
Not true. There are plenty of startups and businesses already using the tech.

If you are an investor, it is okay to ride the wave but I recommend jumping ship in a couple years. This isn't as big as the PC or the Internet. We are so far away from artificial general intelligence it isn't even worth talking about yet. Current AI isn't thinking, it isn't inventing and it isn't self aware. No one has the first clue how to pull that off yet.
Why do you think that's a prerequisite for the tech to be profitable?