News China's Unisoc launches 'world's first' open architecture RISC-V security chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Is it CCP-proof?

The only question we now have is can China's secret services bypass the level of security that the Unisoc E450R offers?
This really is the pressing question. Governments and certain corporations bake-in back-doors for themselves to walk through as a core part of the architecture.

Google is famous for doing this, and even got into big trouble somewhat recently when people "discovered" that incognito mode is in fact highly secure. ------- except from Google's prying eyes. (I say "discovered" because wink wink, nod nod, we all know Google is to our data what a Dyson vacuum is to our floor. They are going to try to miss as little as possible) Google, solely, can spy all day long through incognito mode.

Microsoft is headed directly in this same direction with their advertisement delivery schemes being baked into Windows.

It's part of why I am thankful AMD has no direct Linux distribution and I will forever have a suspicion about Intel's Clear Linux. There's no wall of separation between CPU and "state" to protect us as users as a form of a check and balance.

Aug 25, 2024
Isn't the security chip that google uses for the Pixel 8 RISC-V based? Or is the article saying that the architecture for this security chip is open

Reactions: 67Matt99
Aug 1, 2024

"China's Unisoc launches 'world's first' open architecture RISC-V security chip"​

China launching an open architecture RISC-V security chip sounds like an oxymoron.

Reactions: jackt
Status
Not open for further replies.