Chinese AIO Liquid Cooler

mehuporsas

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZRj6rYVn
What kind of performance should I expect with one of these?
Please do not tell me that I shouldn't risk my components with a chinese cheap watercooler, because I'm going to do it anyway. My question is, can I get better performance with this compared to some ~45 dollar air cooler? I'm willing to take the gamble and order one of these anyway, just out of curiosity (there is almost 0 info anywhere about these).

Solution
For your stated purpose, I see nothing wrong with it. It is a basic 240m AIO at a really low price. Would not hurt and I am sure it would be as good if not a little better than the low to mid Air coolers out there.

USAFRet

Titan
Sure!

What could possibly go wrong? I mean...it is a noname, very cheap, reservoir of liquid inside your PC, with zero reliable reviews, and takes 3 weeks to ship.
Really...all it might do is leak and pee all over your components, fatally shorting something out. No big deal.

Performance? At best, equal to a less expensive air cooler.
What independent reviews have you found for this thing?

If you don't want people to tell you it is a bad idea, why are you asking?

mehuporsas

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
I did find a couple of reviews on baidu, and looking at thoes it's decent but nothing great. I was planning on using this on a c2d solely for experimental purposes, this is why I told people not to tell me that "it's just gonna leak all over your components." But if it's crap cooling for the price I guess I will leave it...

USAFRet

Titan

Independent reviews from a trusted source...completely lacking.

There is nothing magical about liquid cooling. It is simply moving the major heat exchange location from fins connected directly to the CPU, to fins (the radiator) bolted to the case.
The only thing the liquid does is move that heat around.

It is more expensive, carries greater risk, and performs no better, than an inexpensive air cooler.

TRENDING THREADS