News Chinese Homebred PCIe 5.0 Gaming GPU Benchmarks Shared

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
So, for $450 I get a space heater that maybe can handle a couple open word files and a browser? Ow. I mean, right now, you're looking at sub-$100 performance.

Reactions: artk2219
Nov 29, 2022
It's ok performance will increase once they implement the technology transfer the CCP has been stealing for them. Besides who needs a compelling product when you have the largest nation on the earth as a captive customer base. Criticisms aside I'm glad to see more contenders in this space. I remain convinced that part of the NVIDA ARM deal was to lock out a potential rival from encroaching as arm could leverage it's mobile GPU knowledge more broadly.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
well, i would say, not bad for a first product, to be able to match the top dogs from 10 years ago.
For a new business in this market, making a GPU is about as complicated as running a space program.

But let's be honest, it's probably a card designed for number crunching for the military / state / AI / whatever. They probably release a consumer version in order to drop the cost with the increased scale of production.

Status
Not open for further replies.