Chinese Manufacturer Builds a 2000 Watt PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

Dual hexacore, 3-4 gpu 12 HDD setups obviously.

InvalidError

Titan

Even that wouldn't come anywhere close to requiring 4x EPS12V connectors unless AMD decided to release a multi-socket Opteron variant of FX9xxx.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
so in american homes its a 1600w psu and only places that can push 240v power (i.e. data centers) will be able to use this to its max capacity... well till the chinese capacitors blow a week later that is.

Amdlova

Distinguished
i think all powersupply come for china... why all this hate? that chinese people maybe stolen the project of evga super powersupply and give it more room for Watts. if some one uses the 2000w its a serious worker not a crazy damn gamer.

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
No offense tho but if you own an EVGA SR-x dual CPU mobo and with two hi end Intel Xeon E5 procs installed in it and you're planning to go SLI using two GForce Titan or if you're a 3d artist using a similar spec Pc and rendering realistic 3d images who's using your pc 14-20 hours a day and at times leaving it rendering while you sleep, it's kinda hard to upgrade to a PSU like this with unverified power ratings and we're not really sure if the capacitors and other components in this psu is reliable (while saying its 80p gold) to power those said hardware components right?.. Coz you'll never know anytime as you use your pc, suddenly it might go BAAM!... Bzzzt..bzzt...swizzzt... There' goes your 10 grand PC... :-(

simmiy

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
I would prefer 2 corsair AX1200i instead. Cheaper, platinum rated, trusted and still provide me with 2400 watts.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
They are all made in china anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if they make some power supplies for the big names we trust everyday. If it said made in USA, South Korea or Japan (developed countries with higher pay) etc. then it would be news.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009

But you would need a wall socket with independent 15A breaker for each of your AX1200i. Otherwise, you're still limited to 1800W total.

InvalidError

Titan

220-240V is the standard wall voltage in much of Europe, Asia and South America so for about half the world population, there is no need to live in a datacenter.

I believe Seasonic makes their PSUs in Taiwan. But that's about as far away from China as you're likely to get.

Anyway, Great Wall makes some decent power supplies (some OCZ models, for example) and some crappy ones. This 2000W PSU will likely be decent quality.

Except in most of the world, where higher voltages are used. 220V or more is used in all of Europe, most of Asia, parts of South America and most of Africa.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Most if not all Seasonic and FSP PSUs are all built in China now too. However, they still have their headquarters in Taiwan, and they own their factories too I believe. So I trust their quality control much more.

Basically not all Chinese products are built in the same place, and quality is all over the board. Some are bad, some are good. What I buy comes down to QC, design, and testing. But I'd still take a Seasonic or FSP unit (or any rebadges of same) over a lesser quality brand given a choice. I've seen many a PSU let out the magic smoke, and sometimes take other hardware with it. It's worth the extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.