[SOLVED] Chinese MOBO ?

Sep 30, 2019
I have tons of computer parts, ram, heat sink ,I7- 3960X processor ,GFX card etc, but no motherboard. These motherboards on Ebay are just way too expensive for old motherboards. I want to build a computer for my mom as a gift because her current PC is slow and really old. So not really for gaming purposes, even though most of the parts I have are from my old gaming computer. So is ordering a MOBO from China worth it? I've seen YouTube videos about Chinese motherboards ,but would love to hear personal experiences?

Thanks guys

Solution
I ordered a generic Chinese 1150 socket motherboard from Newegg for cheap for my friends 4590. It was basic but worked flawlessly and the BIOS was really basic as well. If memory serves me correctly I really think the only option was to enable XMP, don't think there was even a BIOS update option but considering how old the tech was I wasn't too worried about compatibility issues.

WildCard999

Titan
I ordered a generic Chinese 1150 socket motherboard from Newegg for cheap for my friends 4590. It was basic but worked flawlessly and the BIOS was really basic as well. If memory serves me correctly I really think the only option was to enable XMP, don't think there was even a BIOS update option but considering how old the tech was I wasn't too worried about compatibility issues.

Solution

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
If you were to buy a computer for your mom, why not buy an Haswell/Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge corporate PC from craigslist? IF you shop around for an Dell Optiplex and HP prodesk/elitedesk should cost less than $100 from craigslist and upgrade the pc with an cheap ssd would be perfect.

TRENDING THREADS