News Chinese Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti Price Listing Matches Cancelled 4080 12GB

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
At that price 7900xt is best value , because is close to 4080. If 4070ti will have the same performance like 7900xt , 4080 is pointless.

when they cancelled it, nvidia said it was about 30% lower in performance than the 4080 we have now. the 7900xt is about 15% or so weaker than the 4080, which means if it stays the same performance level, this 4070ti will be a good 15% below the 7900xt for similar money. it would likely be close to matched by whatever the next lower AMD card will be (7800xt? ) at an even lower price.

it will slot into the performance levels from nvidia and its current pricing scheme. way overpriced but falling in line with what they are doing right now.

Reactions: artk2219
The pricing is even worse in SERBIA, Costa Rica, India and other countries. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti graphics cards are already on sale in Serbia for $1400 US, down from $1550 USD price tag, after a 10% discount.

The graphics card that has been listed by this particular Serbian retailer is the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming variant which comes with a triple-slot and triple-fan solution. This card has a pricing of 172229 RSD which includes VAT, and converts to around $1550 USD, ouch !

Insanity looms over the GPU market !

This Reddit post seems to have been removed now though. This guy is from Serbia:

4070 Ti being sold in Serbia for ~1400 usd : nvidia (reddit.com)

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-4070-Ti-Graphics-Cards-_2-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully INTEL can save us one day after all, and restore some sanity, because according to Raja Koduri 200 to 225W cards are sweet spot of the GPU market segment. So hopefully the pricing won't be THAT aggressive, at least based on the TDP/specs ?

Though, 200 to 225W TDP cards won't be able compete with the latest and the greatest/halo GPUs from AMD and Nvidia, but they don't need to. But only time will tell if INTEL can indeed capture the mainstream/mid-range market segment, or attract gamers to their camp.

But we can't always directly correlate TDP with price.

Since Intel is addressing the mainstream market, we should be able to at least buy a gaming GPU within an affordable price tag. Obviously, those who want the absolute BEST, powerful and power hungry cards, can go for AMD or Nvidia.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-gpu-head-wants-one-power-connector

Last edited:

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
I am quite curious how Unreal Engine 5 will do. UE5's software-based Lumen is supposed to cover a lot of what hardware-based ray-tracing is about. And if that is the case, it could perhaps mean that Nvidia prices will be without what seems a premium for RT.

That will take some time of course, as it takes time until games with UE5 are released, and similarly for other engines. But perhaps it will help the market... or at least in my case, I don't see a point in paying extra for something that only some games support, and that perhaps not even really making that a visual difference, especially at below 4K resolution.

Reactions: artk2219

Amdlova

Distinguished
That prices is beyond of stupid... in my country the person need work about two years to get one. With that prices I will get a macbook pro. (One graphics you can buy a full system).

InvalidError

Titan
Though, 200 to 225W TDP cards won't be able compete with the latest and the greatest/halo GPUs from AMD and Nvidia, but they don't need to. But only time will tell if INTEL can indeed capture the mainstream/mid-range market segment, or attract gamers to their camp.
With ~50% of dGPU users running sub-$300 cards based on Steam's survey, I believe there is no shortage of interest in sub-200W GPUs should Intel decide to make a serious push for market share instead of profit.

However, pricing and performance on the A7xx looks more like Intel is aiming to get as much money out of its dGPUs as it possibly can which doesn't bode well for hopes of Intel breaking the price-performance stagnation.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
I can't imagine the PC gaming market surviving the extinction of sub-$300 GPUs unless we get affordable yet sufficiently powerful IGPs with on-package memory to take over the market segment.

Yeah I could not agree more. I have some hope for IGPs (and Intel entering the market) but I fear by the time we have any real strong contenders like your talking about with dedicated(?) on package memory the damage may already be done. I love PC gaming and would hate to see it go the way of the dodo but Nvidia/AMD are killing the market.

I'm shocked, shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

I wonder how much more abuse nVidia die hards will be willing to take before breaking. Not that AMD is much better, but at least they're basically trailing nVidia, as they're leading the market. Once* nVidia drops price, AMD does.

Intel is years away from being competitive.

Regards.

The drivers may be years away but the hardware isn't too far from Nvidia's in terms of RT performance per dollar around the $300 mark.

Still a disappointment for the ~50% of the market hoping to see meaningful performance-per-dollar progress at lower price points though.
No, it is not.

Intel has a die size of the 3070ti and can't beat a 3060 consistently. It's not just drivers, but their design. I won't nitpick what is more than the other (pretty stupid and moot to do so), but Intel is still years behind and ARC made it clear.

Regards.

magbarn

Reputable
Dec 9, 2020
Can't wait
Looks like we are on track for a $500 RTX4050!

Exciting times for seeing whether greedy AMD and Nvidia will finally piss enough of the market off for their net gaming income to crash.
Can't wait to pay $500 for a 165mm2 chip with a 96 bit interface. But wait, it comes with 12gb of ram!

These prices are getting ever more crazy. Be interesting to see a chart showing price:performance trends over the last 4 generations of GPU. I'm still hoping to replace my RTX 2060 with a 4060 whenever that is released, but I'm not sure it's going to comparable in price.

outsider2k21

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
I am glad that I bought Evga RTX 3070 FTW back in Oct when it was on sale for 740 Canadian dollars instead wait for RTX 4070. RTX 4050 probably will cost same as my RTX 3070 at point.

hannibal

Distinguished
I can't imagine the PC gaming market surviving the extinction of sub-$300 GPUs unless we get affordable yet sufficiently powerful IGPs with on-package memory to take over the market segment.
We will get 4030 for $300 so PC gaming will be just fine!
;)

In reality what happens is the same as with cell phones.
New gen 4050 are gonna be $500 and that is the weakest we are gonna get (maybe)
The price of 3050 will drop to $350, the price of 2050 will drop to $300 or even $250 and vola Nvidia has cheap gpu for low end… Aka last generation GPUs are sold at good profit as an low end options so that manyfacturers don´t have to sell anything at real discount = profit to the company and stock holders.

So PC gaming will not die, people just are gonna use two or tree generation old hardware, when they build new gaming computer, unless they have more money than brain cells and they buy the newest generation. And there are enough customers to buy these next gen products at incredibly high prices! 4090 at 2500€ are sold out! 4080 at 1800€ are not sold out, but still selling, while normal people buy 3000 series that is still above MSRP! Nvidia can only say that they have done good job!

I personally have so big steam game library that I will newer go to consoles. I may be forced among the people who buy two or tree generation old GPU hardware, but that is that. AMD and Nvidia still get my money and at the same time get even more money from people who buy the next gen tech. They only win in all situations and now they win even more than before.

hannibal

Distinguished
I am quite curious how Unreal Engine 5 will do. UE5's software-based Lumen is supposed to cover a lot of what hardware-based ray-tracing is about. And if that is the case, it could perhaps mean that Nvidia prices will be without what seems a premium for RT.

That will take some time of course, as it takes time until games with UE5 are released, and similarly for other engines. But perhaps it will help the market... or at least in my case, I don't see a point in paying extra for something that only some games support, and that perhaps not even really making that a visual difference, especially at below 4K resolution.

The Unreal Engine will use Nvidia RT cores to accelerate Lumen, and that means that they run faster games that use Lumen, so no… It does not affect the prices.
The lumen does not need hardware acceleration, but it does benefit from it. And all current gen consoles does have raytrasing accelerator (made by AMD) so even those don´t be pure software based solutions.
I am quite sure that you need at least somekind of hardware acceleration for Lumen to make it fast enough for any real use.

Last edited: