[SOLVED] Chinese Phone stealing my information/bandwidth?

ihave400houses

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi, I own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 that I purchased from banggood.com. I know that people say these Chinese branded phones have the potential to have spyware on them since it has a English ROM loaded on it before it is sent out after purchase

Whenever I connect the phone to my home network everything on the network slows right down. I got an app on the phone that helps measure speeds on my network. Whenever i check the download/upload rate, the phone appears to be using 100% of my internets upload bandwidth. The app also tells me what app on my phone is using the bandwidth, which was 1 app. I deleted the app using the upload and then another app I had said it was using all of the upload bandwidth. I did this once more and then another app went to using 100% of my upload.

This only happens when I connect to my home network, It does not happen when I connect to my mobile network.

I am starting a new job today which requires an android phone and an app that the company uses to get pick lists. I am worried that me connecting to their network will cause issues.

I am looking into how to install a new ROM onto my phone but do not have enough time to do this before I start my new job today.

Has anyone else had issues like this? Any information or advice would be really appreciated.